1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teamxecuter links and other nostalgia...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by New2solda, Feb 22, 2009.

1. New2solda

New2solda Member

I've discovered that soldering isn't so impossible that I tried to chip my xbox.

I did, and it still works. I got a Duo X2 chip, flashed bank zero with a red-ring of death and am afraid to re-flash bank 1 (did it with X2 4981.06).

My box is v1.4 and I appreciate I should have chosen a more modern chip.

Because a lot of posts for xbox point to teamexecutor.com which are always now an invalid link I can't find what I need.

Is there an archive of this material somewhere? If not will X2 5035 work on V1.4 - will it be any better than 4981? Oh and how do I flash it?

If there are no good answers here; what should I chip the V1.4 with?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

3. New2solda

New2solda Member

Cheers! Thanks for that. It does sound like I'm stuck with the 4981.06 bios as I've killed the Cromwell with copy/b +4981.06.bin +4981.06.bin bios.bin - should have used Xbtool, but I found this in a bat file. Should have known better than to trust it.

Is there any way to reflash bank 1 with, say, 4983.06?

I would be reluctant to do this with a hot swap of a new chip; I really would prefer to use a programmer if one exists for the Duox2.

If there isn't a programmer, how likely is it that I'll end with killing the xbox and/or the chips doing a hot-swap?

Any advice here would be very much appreciated.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

5. New2solda

New2solda Member

I did suspect that I had one chance to flash; well 2 in my case - really glad I didn't get the lite chip!

I went for the duox2 because it was cheap - and I wasn't sure I could handle the soldering...

Now i've done it and confident enough to try a €30-€50 chip - what one would work best with a v1.4 xbox?

Thanks for the link; and in advance should you have an answer.