1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technosonic @ Woolworths

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by abisot, Oct 2, 2006.

1. abisot

abisot Member

2. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    I did buy one of them, very pleased with it so far. Only one problem which is when i connect my pc through a dvi to hdmi cable i have to stay on the hdmi channel, if i change to another channel either avi or ordinary tv and try to change back i get a blank screen. I have to unplug the cable and plug it back in to get the picture back. I rang tech support and they are to get back to me on it.
    Will keep you updated in case you have the same problem some time.

3. abisot

abisot Member

Hi yeh that would be great thanks. Iam still waiting for my tv it was suppose to come last week but woolworths have 'apparantly' shifted 25000 units in a month and can not keep up with supply and demand.

If you peal back the technosonic label on the front of the tv and on the remote you will see it is infact a re-badged Thomson tv that usually retails at £999.99 what a bargain eh.

Cant wait to get my mits on it and plug the 360 in :)

4. bpitt

bpitt Member

First of all, I did not know Woolworths still existed. I live in New York and the last Woolworths closed like 7 years ago (Estimate).

Now as for the TV, that is by far the lowest price I've seen on a 32" HDTV with HDMI inputs. I would imagine that it looks like crap but if indeed those of you who own it are satified with your picture quality I would say yes that is a great deal!

5. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

i dont think that 1080 sets are out over here yet (im sure some1 will correct me if im wrong) but i think i will wait for the laser sets next year any way as 720 isnt that much better than my 100hz crt

6. abisot

abisot Member

Well from threads i have read in other uk based forums lots of people are very happy with the tv and i for one can not afford to go out and spend vast amounts on a 'branded' make. I just cant wait to get my hands on it T-13 days!

7. berty642

berty642 Regular member

I can tell you it doesnt look like crap! the picture quality is excellent, its as good as any set i have seen costing twice the price.I have it set at the highest resolution on the xbox 360 and the games look amazing.
    I am sure you will be more than happy with it when you recieve it.

8. neil2901

neil2901 Guest

hi, im very tempted to buy one of these sets but cant find alot of information on them. the main thing i want to know is does it support 1080 mode cos i will shortly be buying Sky HD and i belive this uses 1080?

9. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    Yes it does support 1080, i have my Xbox 360 set at this and the graphics are amazing. I am very pleased with mine and have had no major problems (touch wood)

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@berty642 - please reword the text in your signature to use up to a maximum of 5 lines, cheers

11. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Tis done :)
    Didnt realise i had half a novel down there :)

12. neil2901

neil2901 Guest

was going to get one today but its no longer available on the website and it points too a moreexpensive alternative. will try my local store later. Did you you buy from store or website berty?

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@berty642 - thanks

@others - i saw what i think is the same TV is Tesco today, though it was £400 i think, it may have been more like £450

14. berty642

berty642 Regular member

I orderd mine in store and was told it would be delivered in 4 days whenever i phoned the store to check if it had arrived they told me it would take up to 6 weeks there was that big a demand on them, luckily i know a guy that works in the shop and he let me have the 1 set they had sent for display. Only for that i would still not have it.