1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell me your recommendations for dvd-r burning software, free or trial preferable

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nmr1279, May 2, 2005.

1. nmr1279

nmr1279 Member

I have been using CloneDVD, but ever since I received a mysterious error message (as described in earlier post), I am thinking of trying a different burning program. Any recommendations from you guys would be much appreciated. A free program would be great, but a free trial is imperative.
    I tried Nero and wasn't too impressed....let me know your thoughts! I am hoping a different program will get around the error.

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Try free programs DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. Guides are available in my sig by Scuba Pete and bbmayo.

3. nmr1279

nmr1279 Member

I have both....but don't you need Nero to burn with DVDshrink? How do you burn with DVDdecrypter? I already have the VS files on my computer so I need a program that will burn them onto a disk. I get an error with Clone that I never had before with any other movie, so hopefully another burning program will do it without giving me an error message.

4. whompus

whompus Active member

In shrink when you click on backup a window will popup for destination. Click the down arrow to the right of selected destination and there will be an option of create iso and an option of create iso and burn with dvdd. Can either burn then or select create iso and then its on hdd to burn anytime or as many times as wanted later.

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

nmr1279,
    You can burn using DVDDecrypter. Guide is below:

1. Insert Movie

2. When Windows asks if you want to play movie hit cancel

3. Open DVDDecrypter

4. At top is MODE- make sure FILE has a check mark by it

5. At the bottom is a DVD > HD- Click this and the program will decrypt the movie
    6. Movie should be found on C:(usually in the name of the movie)

1.Make a folder on your Desktop> call it Rip Movies

2. Open DVD Shrink> click Open files> Shrink does quick analysis

3. Movie Only Option

a. Go to Re-author and Click

b. Under Main movie slide the main movie to the left under DVD Structure

c. You can now remove the languages you do not want and the audio you do not want.

4. Go to Edit and click Preferences. Now you will see a Blue Box that says -" DVD-5(4.7 g.b.). Now Change that to Custom and to the right of that change the # to 4300. This will not now let you burn to the outer rim.

5. Look under File I/O and make sure" Enable Burning with Nero" does not have a check mark in the box.

6. Click Select Backup Target > click" Iso Image file and burn with DVDDecrypter"

7. Select Target Image File> Browse>desktop> Rip Movie ( file you made)

8. click O.K

9. It will now do analysis and then encode the movie and automatically burn with DVDDecrypter