1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teminator 2 HD -Help me Please

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by Dombo, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Dombo

Dombo Member

I have just bought the HD Version of the T2 Dvd, and im looking forward to watching it, but when i put it in my computer it says install windows media player 9 and when it has nearly finished it says the version you have is newer than the version we are trying to install, but then it returns to the title screen and it wont play, anyone have any ideas how i can get it to play?

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

As long as you have Windows Media Player (WMP) it should work. Make sure all the original WMP codecs are properly installed. The WMP9 codec pack is available from the microsoft website for free.

Also, the disc I have makes me use the Inter Actual player installed by the disc, not WMP.

Ced

3. Dombo

Dombo Member

i managed to get past that problem, what is was, is i have WMP10 and it couldnt recognize it, i had to download a patch but that was just the start of my problems, im based in ireland and when it tries to play it goes online to obtain a license, but because i am in ireland it refuses to give a license oustide the US or Canda, so my next question is does anyone know how to bypass this problem?
    Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated!

Dom

4. bpitt

bpitt Member

T2 HD Version on DVD? How does a HD movie fit on a DVD? Dosen't make sense to me.

5. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Its like I said before, using state of the art compression methods it is more than possible to fit a HD film on a DVD-9 disc.

The T2 people used the WMV=HD (VC-1) codec. The movie was captured using an all digital 1080p telecine proccess. Thats right 1080p.

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2006
  6. bpitt

bpitt Member

So can this movie be played in a standalone player? I would imagine not being that the windows codec was used.

7. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

sorry to go a lil off topic but does anyone know if there are any DVDs in New Zealand or Australia that are HD. Havent seen them around and would be interested to see one?

8. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2006
  9. johny24

johny24 Guest

what hd discs on dvd's wow where can i get these movies and will they play on dvd players?

10. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2006