1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TES Oblivion Graphics help

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by cremos, Apr 6, 2006.

1. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Has anybody tested the new official beta patch?

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  2. lastrednk

lastrednk Member

Almost forgot, another possible reason Oblivion may be playing better was because I also updated my nVidia drivers. Every other program seems to be running just a bit better now since I downloaded the new drivers, actually.

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

The fix is for the fx series cards that the box was
    stated to be compatible.
    It did absolutly nothing for me on my 9200se,
    The only changes are for FX users which I am not.

Only FX cards and the only reason Bethesda made this patch,
    WAS because they messed up on the initial requirements for FX users.

Supported Video Card Chipsets:

ATI X1900 series
    ATI X1800 series
    ATI X1600 series
    ATI X1300 series
    ATI X850 series
    ATI x800 series
    ATI x700 series
    ATI x600 series
    ATI Radeon 9800 series
    ATI Radeon 9700 series
    ATI Radeon 9600 series
    ATI Radeon 9500 series
    NVIDIA Geforce 7800 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
    NVIDIA GeForce FX series

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Sorry to hear that i thought it might have did something even though it was meanly for FX users :(

5. handsom

handsom Regular member

I am eager to apply it tonight, because I really want to see both the fix listed earlier (For my draw distance issue) and this new fx patch...... It's upsetting when they list your video card and don't support it. :/

But at least it's being made to work now, which is good.

Thanks again to all for being so helpful! I really appreciate it.

I do find it ironic that the 5700 is considered a low end fx card. Considering the 5700le is actually one of the best performers in the FX series, second to the fairly rare FX5950.... I've never seen any other software have issue with this card; everything else runs flawlessly. BF2, FarCry, HL2, CS:Source, etc, etc. It's just so weird that they had this issue in the first place. But hey, they fixed it, so I'm happy with my 'low end fx card'. Happier than I would be with a 6200. lol.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  6. welshace

welshace Guest

I also have the purple grass problem... cant get rid of it... not even using the fLODLandVerticalBias=-1000.0000 command in the .ini
    seems to be the only problem i have.. no framerate issues or other graphical issues.... its really spoiling my game

anyone got any clues.. email me or reply here pllleeasseee

im using a 6800gs btw with over a Gig of ram.

7. BLASTR

BLASTR Member

I have green or grey "blobs" that don't have collision all over my terrain, or I can't see distant landscape. How do I fix that?My oblivion.ini file doesn't include fLODLandVerticalBias.
    please help me!! :'(

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  8. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

@ BLASTR

Q: I have green or grey "blobs" that don't have collision all over my terrain, or I can't see distant landscape. How do I fix that?

A: You have to edit your Oblivion.INI and change fLODLandVerticalBias from 0 to -1200 (yes, minus 1200).

Check these distance settings in the OBLIVION.INI file.

In order to fix the Land issues:

Open your oblivion.ini and make the changes listed below.
    (The ini located in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion is what you are looking for).
    The file located in your Oblivion game directory which is called Oblivion_default.ini is NOT what you want to edit.)

[LOD]
    fLodDistance=500.0000
    bUseFaceGenLOD=0
    iLODTextureTiling=4
    iLODTextureSizePow2=8
    fLODNormalTextureBlend=0.5000
    bDisplayLODLand=1
    bDisplayLODBuildings=1
    bDisplayLODTrees=0
    bLODPopTrees=0
    bLODPopActors=0
    bLODPopItems=0
    bLODPopObjects=0
    fLODFadeOutMultActors=9.0200
    fLODFadeOutMultItems=11.0800
    fLODFadeOutMultObjects=13.3200
    fLODMultLandscape=1.0000
    fLODMultTrees=1.7426
    fLODMultActors=2.0000
    fLODMultItems=2.0000
    fLODMultObjects=2.0000
    iFadeNodeMinNearDistance=400
    fLODFadeOutPercent=0.9000
    fLODBoundRadiusMult=3.0000
    fTalkingDistance=2000.0000

fTreeLODMax=2.0000
    fTreeLODMin=0.0200
    fTreeLODDefault=1.2000
    fObjectLODMax=15.0000
    fObjectLODMin=1.0000
    fObjectLODDefault=5.0000
    fItemLODMax=15.0000
    fItemLODMin=1.0000
    fItemLODDefault=2.0000
    fActorLODMax=15.0000
    fActorLODMin=2.0000
    fActorLODDefault=5.0000
    bLODUseCombinedLandNormalMaps=0
    bForceHideLODLand=0
    fLODQuadMinLoadDistance=65536.0000
    fLODFadeOutActorMultInterior=1.0000
    fLODFadeOutItemMultInterior=1.0000
    fLODFadeOutObjectMultInterior=1.0000
    fLODFadeOutActorMultCity=1.0000
    fLODFadeOutItemMultCity=1.0000
    fLODFadeOutObjectMultCity=1.0000
    fLODFadeOutActorMultComplex=1.0000
    fLODFadeOutItemMultComplex=1.0000
    fLODFadeOutObjectMultComplex=1.0000
    fLODLandVerticalBias=-1000.0000

9. handsom

handsom Regular member

I patched it this morning, and it has all kinds of weird issues.... I'm going to take a look at it again when I get home. But I was seeing failures and crashes at load; a couple times it wouldn't even load the intro video...... Weird. I will try reinstalling and starting over again. I'll let everyone know.

So far this 'FX' patch seems to really like my FX5700le..... lol

10. acousty

acousty Regular member

I need to upgrade my Video Card and I was wondering if anyone would post some suggestions... I have a P4 2.5, 512k, and a Ti4200. I know my memory is low, but I thought getting a new VC will definatley get this game playing. I am also going to have this going to a 42" Westinghouse 1080p HD monitor so I will be needing a card with a lot of resolution. Can anyone give me some ideas??

11. cvisionz

cvisionz Member

The top link for the patched oblivion.exe doesn't seem to be working. It takes me to the megaupload site and doesn't have anything to click on for download. Am I missing something?

If so, can someone PM it to me?

I've already tried using the Oldblivion program, and it doesn't seem to run at all (hourglass comes up then goes). I'm thinking it's that .exe file...

-cViSi0Nz-

12. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

The file is there.
    Since is is FREE HOSTED there is an AD first,
    And about a minute delay after before you can download the file.
    Try again and make sure you CLOSE the megauplpoad links box.
    The link will appear underneath that box.

13. emo19819

emo19819 Member

well, my pc runs it on perfect graphics, no lag no problem. everything is highest, nothing anywhere on my pc can go higher. and this game just cant beat my pc. u guys should get urself a 7800gtx 256mb 256 mbit and 2gb ddr2 ram and a 3.6 dualcore p4. it helps

14. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Do you want a cookie?
    Some of us are POOR and have to use what we got.(Me)
    Rather than coming here to BRAG about your setup,
    I spend my time helping people on our OLD rig's.
    I hope you feel real good about yourself.

15. handsom

handsom Regular member

I concur. I have rent, gas, car insurance, electric bill, phone bill, and food expenses to worry about for two people. So instead of going into a thread where people are being productive and helping eachother run a game on slightly older systems and bragging about your new video card; why don't you find some other people to pester. We don't care. Quite frankly; I've been in the overclocking and tweaking communities since 1995 (I remember the epic race to squeeze more frames from mechwarrior 2; those were the days). And to be quite frank, people learning to get the extra frames from current hardware have managed a far greater achievement than you.

So you've got extra money to blow, it helps when your parents buy everything for you. Or maybe you inherited money. Or maybe you even worked for it, at least I'll allot yu some dignity there.

Clearly, you don't have to come up with at least $1400 a month just to break even on your bills and unnavoidable costs. I congratulate you on having the forsight to be born and still too young to have these burdens. As for the rest of us; we have real overhead, and real costs that we must meet. So please, pardon us, in our productiveness.

I think you'll find that everyone on this website is just as eager to hear about your wonderful fortune in getting a nicer video card that costs more money.

Now; I've been around the block with this garbage, more than my fair share of times. We all know, and I mean EVERY ON OF US that your next response (If you bother to check the threads you post in) will be that I'm completely wrong, and that you are actually a successful gentleman who has a good paying job and made smart choices; and that you are so much better than me, because clearly you are rich and I am poor.

Now; here's why we all know it's bullcrap:

Successful people are not bored people. Successful people do not sit around and brag to random people they've never met, about their new hardware. Successful people are only successful BECAUSE of this. They only succeed because they get off their duff and do something, because by their very nature, they are interested in taking a situation and making it better, by any means necessary. They are the ones who take initiative to utilize the resoruces they acquire. This is why they are successful in the real world.

Now; let's profile you a bit better. There are really two options here. We'll just call them A and B.

A.) You are a young adult(or even a slightly smarter, and infinitely more prideful kid) who has the wonderful chance to have their parents support them. You go to school, you study a bit; and your parents make sure that all costs are taken care of. Maybe you got a part-time job and paid for your computer; most likely you didn't. Most likely your parents either decided it was time johnny got a new computer; or you were able to convince them. That's lovely, and that's great. But that's nothing to brag about.

B.) You are in your mid 20's; might go to college, might not. Live with your parents still, occasionally in the basement, depending on your zip code's permittance *L* and you love nothing more than a good 12 hour sitting on Counter Strike, Battlefield 2, or your MMO drug of choice. You work a bit, and get to keep most of the money, except for a little bit that goes to bills; because hey, you're an adult now; and you have to pay for [bold]something[/bold]. So, after a paycheck or two; you decided that you either should upgrade your computer.

Realistically; I will actually be so bold as to say that I am 100% certain that you are one of these. And no amount of argument will convince me otherwise. Your juvenile, unwanted, and unhelpful post says it all for you. You can't judge a book by it's cover, but the words inside make all the details clear. And you've made it clear that you have nothing better to do.

Between the two types; I'm going to guess you're A. Because you're posting during the day time. And if you were B, and not working or going to your next 'anime drawing' class; you'd be sitting in front of your computer, eating funyuns and drinking mountain dew while you play, and your proud collection of pewter figurines would watch over you in all their glory. Instead, you're rich kid loser A. Rich kid loser A thinks he knows a lot about computers, because his mommy bought him a nice one. And because it runs games well. Rich kid loser A usually catches a virus about a year later and doesn't know what to do, and then moves on to either a new hobby or a new computer. Rich kid loser A is my choice for you, for two reasons.

-Rich kid loser A is in school right now, posting on these boards, because they are the only gaming related site his school hasn't blocked yet.
    -Because, while B has a couple friends for both occasional D&D sessions and big online raids; rich kid loser A actually has no real friends. Nobody likes rich kid loser A. Because rich kid loser A is ultimately a class A loser.

Hope you liked that.

*EDIT* Just checked your name. Thanks a bunch, that was the real final kick. You are rich kid loser A. Your parents don't know what to do with you, because you're so "Misunderstood" and so they buy you things to try and compensate; and then you get the only satisfaction in life from bragging about these things, then pretending you don't care. Occasionally, someone will show some interest; because they like something, but ultimately they will dissapear fast, because they never liked you; they liked your possessions. It's funny how that goes. But not as funny as how easily you are profiled to a finite tee.

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  16. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Ha ha ha, you asked for that emo19819.

Now back on topic folks, there're lots of poor people (I'm one of 'em) that need help! :)

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  17. acousty

acousty Regular member

Well, we might as well start a new thread for this=) economic gaming ethics 101.

18. cantstopm

cantstopm Member

hello, i've read this foruma dn thankful for all this help adn i got my oblivion running nicely except i still crash when i edit video settings i think my problem with video settings is just my comp because my freind video settings work. but my friend's game freezes everytime he casts a spell or if a fireball hits him. can any1 help?

19. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

20. cantstopm

cantstopm Member

ok thanks i'll look forward to them fixing he video option