1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TES Oblivion Graphics help

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by cremos, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Blue031

Blue031 Member

I'm using a Dell laptop with an ATI Radeon 9000 with the patches and everything listed at the start of this thread my FPS are fine and my graphics are good but there is one annoying problem.

Indoors it's like the shadow layer turns off and everything becomes fully lit. It will happen for a second often when I turn and then go back to normal it is really annoying, it makes my FPS jump around and is really distracting.

I'm using oldoblivion .11t6, it wasn't happening on .11t2 but I would hate to switch back to that because the trees etc are much much nicer with the new one. Then actually look like trees not ugly green polys

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. DavronM

DavronM Member

3. rjandrews

rjandrews Member

Thanks to all for this informative thread - it's REALLY helped me. Just as an FYI - today I bought a new ATI Radeon X1300 512MB graphics card so that my son could play this game, and one of the first things I did was to download the latest drivers from ATI.com. The game would NOT run - presented an error when we tried to start it. After noticing that my PC seemed sluggish in general, I uninstalled the "latest" drivers and reinstalled the drivers that came on the CD with the ATI card, and we've been playing all night with no further problems. Just thought I'd post this since "getting the latest drivers" is promoted heavily!

If you want to know:
    AMD Athlon XP 3000+
    1.5GB RAM
    2x80GB HD in RAID-0
    512MB ATI Radeon X1300

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  4. Judis

Judis Member

By way of an update: I also gave up and bought a RADEON X1300/512MB AGP8X from Diamond. Oblivion plays very nicely now and no hassle with old shaders and the like.

Regarding the drivers, I did have the latest Catalyst drivers on board when I installed the new video card. They immediately recognized the board and all was well.

There was some initial problem with screen flickers but that seems to have settled down following a few hours of burn in time.

Thanks to everyone who posted such useful tips on getting this game to work passably with my old 9200. I did learn a great deal. Many thanks in particular to the folks who put Oldblivion together. A job well done.

Cheers,
    J.

5. BUNKERS25

BUNKERS25 Member

Hello I cant play Oblivion ounce I start he game evrything is all white I tried tweeking some stuff but it is still white The menus are fine just when I enter the game........ WHITE please help I have a RAdeon 9250 agp 256 Ram 512 system memory and 2.13 Ghz processsor Please help thanks.

6. robstarot

robstarot Member

7. BUNKERS25

BUNKERS25 Member

Yeah It has to be cause of my video card but I will like to know any tweeks to fix that white problem?

8. BUNKERS25

BUNKERS25 Member

I need to know the right tweek in the ini. I think

9. YankeeBG

YankeeBG Guest

I need some help.
    can i run tes construction set? and how to do it my PC is Dell optiplex 210L video:Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2006
  10. Arkinium

Arkinium Member

Hello! i keep getting an error report message whenever i try to launch the game! im going nutts hehehe...Any ideas what i should do?

It ses:

[bold]Oblibion[/bold]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [bold]Oblivion has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.[/bold]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you was in the middle of somthing, the information you were working on might be lost

[bold]Please tell Microsoft about this problem.[/bold]
    We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what data this report contains, [bold]click here.[/bold]

v And then i get two options v

[bold]Send Error Report / Don't Send[/bold]

Thanks for your time and reading this message! hope you can help me out! :)

Yours,
    Arkinium

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  11. graffik

graffik Regular member

Elder Scrolls-oblivion is a Buggy game. Even with very powerful computers it is possible to crash. heavy errors and closures of game are due to programs using same memory location.

Basic fixes for those possibly following this thread (if you can get game to work at all on your computer hehe) 1) Various locations and events in games Will not, or CAN NOT load under certain gfx settings If a certain place keeps crashing (in my case was the house/mansion on 1st quest) you must set the graphics settings to another main settings (like medium to very low)

Theives quest-final chapter only works maybe 50% of time (no one ever looks for you) a workaround to manually open that quest is (PC ONLY) is hit Tilde key type in the following line :

player.setstage tg11heist 10

DO NOT DO THAT UNLESS at that last stage and no one ever finds you after like 2 weeks in gameplay!!!!

Best way to minimize errors is keep gfx in lowest settings at all times (yeah i know gfx are better in higher settings)

My main problem is day or night the gameplay is very bright anyone know what settings in its ini file are to set it to have darkness?
    (never need torches hehe but hard to use shadows to sneak when there aren't any)

If stages to not appear in game let me know I may be able to give you its activation code.. However simply activating stages without certain events happening (such as completing tasks required first) may cause crashes

12. StingrayA

StingrayA Guest

To jonros24

im in the same boat as you except i installed the game and ran it and so on. I got it working but didnt get very far before it screwed up big time. It can work but unless you like playing the starting level over and over again don't bother until there is a new advancement or something that could make it work.

Stingray

13. Khalai

Khalai Member

Hi! Thank for your help.

Could someone upload the Oblivion.exe in another upload page?
    I'm from Chile and Megaupload it's always full! (I can't download it from there :S )

Can you help me plz!!?

Thanks!!!

14. robstarot

robstarot Member

maybe in gamecopyworld,search and you find something.
    i´m from Costa Rica.
    Pura Vida!

15. graffik

graffik Regular member

In regards of the EXE. If you have the game it should install that automatically. I think you are referring to a 'No-Cd crack' try looking for that usually easier to find.

16. hihosilve

hihosilve Member

I've just got a gainward bliss 7800gs, and it's very fast, very quiet, and it plays all the games on my pc at maximum quality settings, it's overclocked with riva tuner to 560 core, and 700 mem. no artifacts or any other problems.

far cry, doom, oblivion, etc, they all run smoothly with all options on at 1600 by 1200 res, I'd recommend this agp card to anyone.

tally ho.

17. Sumone157

Sumone157 Regular member

I am thinking of buying this game but i dont know how my pc will handle it. heres my specs:

2.9 ghz
    nvidia fx5200 256mb supports pixle sharder 2.0
    512mb ram

---

So will it, thanks in advance. im atleast loooking forwar to a bit below medium.

18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Sumone, edit your sig to forum specs of 50k asap.
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

19. graffik

graffik Regular member

Information from the Bethshiba help file on the game :

OBLIVION NEEDS:

-Minimum System Requirements:
    * Windows XP
    * 512MB System RAM
    * 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
    * 8x DVD-ROM Drive
    * 4.6 GB free hard disk space
    * DirectX 9.0c (included)
    * 128MB Direct3D Compatible Video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver
    * DirectX 8.1 Compatible Sound Card
    * Keyboard, Mouse

-Recommended System Requirements:
    * 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
    * 1 GB System RAM
    * ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

-Supported Video Card Chipsets:
    ATI X1900 series
    ATI X1800 series
    ATI X1600 series
    ATI X1300 series
    ATI X850 series
    ATI x800 series
    ATI x700 series
    ATI x600 series
    ATI Radeon 9800 series
    ATI Radeon 9700 series
    ATI Radeon 9600 series
    ATI Radeon 9500 series
    NVIDIA Geforce 7800 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
    NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
    NVIDIA GeForce FX series

VIDEO
    -Regardless of your video card, make sure to download the latest drivers from your manufacturer.
    Basically best gfx cards here are ATI, Nvidia.. Others may or may not work

Oblivion is a resource HOG, meaning it will use ALOT of system resources.. shut off anyhing not needed. If slower computer prob best to disconnect from net and turn off all firewalls)

Alternatly if it still fails :MORROWIND is a very good choice. it is a predecessor to oblivion, and has probably 10 times the adventures in its 3-pack (oblivion and bloodmoon addons) Including several thousand user defined modifications on-line (if not tens of thousands) it will play on lower cpus also

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  20. WanGa

WanGa Member

hey, i use all the files from the FAQ at the start of the thread and it work..thanks!
    but! when i try and go into the sewers through the drain thing after the Emperor dies the loading screen comes up and loads then the screen gos blank and the game crashes..and the microsoft error report thing comes up.
    any ideas or help would b much appreciated. ta.