1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TES Oblivion Menu Crash!! :(

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Agronak, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Agronak

Agronak Member

This game was working fine then suddenly one say all the terrain turned to purple pics ofthe map (wtf lol). SO i un-installed then re-installed, then when it was loading the menu it would close and say "oblivion has encountered a problem and needs to close.. blah blah blah *crushes mouse*". I've tried the manu crash fix thing. I have tried installing in different drives, I have tried hurling my PC out thw indow because it's making me so freakin' angry (well, not really but i'm getting there). Anyone have a solution?

PC Specs are:

AMD Athlon x64 3500+ 2.2ghz
    1gb DDR Ram
    GeForce 7900GT 256DDR3 Ram (yes I have the lastest drivers)

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

2. BDL1991

BDL1991 Member

i had the same prob when i installed francesco's mod so i unistalled and deleted everything then reinstalled the game with the mod and it worked

3. Agronak

Agronak Member

I've unisntalled and reinstalled this so much to try to get it to work and it still won't. WTF could be stopping it from getting pst the freakin manu? ARRRGGHHH!!

4. DavesPPC

DavesPPC Member

Start by COMPLETELY removing Oblivion (including the registry and "My Games" folder within My Documents.
    Restart PC.
    Install VANILLA Oblivion, no mods or expansion packs.
    See if it works.
    It should :)