1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test burning Qs

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by DVDBoi, Jan 24, 2003.

1. DVDBoi

DVDBoi Guest

Hiya,
    I just got some real basic vcd burning questions, so here goes:
    1) Can I use a CD-RW to test burn? Is it the same thing on CD-R?

2) I know you can make interactive menus on vcd, but do they acutally work on the VCD software for the computer? Because I've had experienced where the menus are not interactive at all.

Thanks in advance._X_X_X_X_X_[small]It was the best of times, it was the blurts of times... what, I say... what?[/small]

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You can use cd-rw as test disks yes. The only problem is maybe your stand-alone dvd player wouldn't support it but the pc should definetly understand it!

Interactive menus arenot really interactive menu's at all, most vcd menu's are simply movie files that are set to play infinitly until tjhe user presses a number and hits play! I never made a vcd with an interactive menu, i just don't see the point!

3. DVDBoi

DVDBoi Guest

I suppose your right, I guess I just wanted a menu because I wanted to match the layout of the DVD as much as possible. But in the end, its the quality of the movie that counts!

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ye it is, if I were you I would just sort my movies out into chapter with vcdeasy but don't bother with any menu's cause they just arent needed really!