1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test media after burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SpoonieG, Jan 19, 2005.

1. SpoonieG

SpoonieG Member

Is there a way to test the media after burning if using either shrink, imgtool, or clonedvd2? I was using just cheap memorex with no problem before. Now I have switched to prodisc 8x-r printable tops, and out of 60, at least 30 have been bad. I have changed burn size to 4300 and still I get major errors. I have changed to different burn speeds to no avail. Is there a way to check the disc for skips and just plain bad without having to watch the movie all the way through? I have Nero drive speed but dont understand how that is suppose to check for error seeing as how on the example they use has multiple errors listed. Also, if there can be errors, how do I know when there is too many from the test? I use the sony drx710ul. over 200 burns with cheap memorex and only 1 coaster, switched to prodisc printable and 50% ratio.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

You may try this free program:

http://www.e-systems.ro/diskcheck.htm

On the other hand, shouldn't you find a more permanent solution to your problem (like finding some good discs)?

3. bugzhao

bugzhao Member

the easiest way is running a scandisk task
    and i choose to use nero cd/dvd speed,quick scan,to get the approximate quality of the disc