1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tester

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by Dfeyeant1, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Dfeyeant1

Dfeyeant1 Member

I am an actual tester using BD prototype players and discs. I don't speak all the specs and technical jargon, but I am familiar with the look and the JAVA features. I am curious as to why no one is discussing the JAVA features and would love to discuss just that.

2. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

Ok... So if I have a blu-ray player, I can access the internet (for a fee a presume) and download extra content? That is pretty cool.

One problem. If I have paid to download these extra features that are kept only on the player, what happens when that player dies? Will there be anyway to back up the data? Or will DRM screw that one up for me too?

3. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF who the hell would download EXTRA CONTENT. What, 50GB isn't good enough for you.

4. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

You have an actual coment related to this thread?

These ARE some of the features that will be offered by Blu-Ray. Like it or not. And PLENTY of people would download the extra content. Just because you would not, does not make it stupid.