1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tether troubles

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by jcfree, Oct 29, 2014.

1. jcfree

jcfree Member

I have Straight Talk for AT&T and use the unlimited text, talk, & data. Tether software on Android and computer is EasyTether. No trouble tethering using wifi but no tethering using 3G or 4G. Where wifi is present, I don't need to tether. I have tried 3 different smart phones, all with different versions of android from 2.4 to 4.1.2, with the same result.

Also, I cannot activate mobile hotspot - "There is a temporary network problem that prevents the enablement of the Mobile Hotspot function. Please try again later." Seems to mean, never is going to work.

EasyTether worked like a charm in the past on AT&T but stopped just before I switched to Straight Talk. However, was wondering if it would be worth the extra $15 to go back to a lesser plan for more money.

I have read articles suggesting changing user agent string to articles suggesting vpn through HideMyAss. Any experience with tethering that works? If you have some specifics, I would really like to hear about it.

2. jcfree

jcfree Member