1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Text blurs, color filters?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Lizard12, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Lizard12

Lizard12 Member

I making a musicvideo and want to have text that blur in and out on the screen, on the original video. Is this possible in Adobe Premiere, or do I need a third-party program, if so which?

Also I want to add to certain scenes, a blue-grey-ish color filter to the original video. Is this possible in Adobe Premiere, or do I need a third-party program, if so which?

This is probably n00b questions but I appreciate any help :)

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes you should be able to do this In Premier 6.5 or 7 pro ,You can apply Video Filters to certain Parts of the screen so you can Blur parts of the screen and you can add color filters so that all of the Colors change...You can also try a Video Paint program Like the One that comes with "Ulead Media Studio Pro 7"
    With this you can add you own effects or basicly draw what you want right on the Video ,It is very tedius because you have to go through frame by frame But I have made some Pretty Cool looking stuff..You should maybe look for a Tutorial on Premier to understand how to use the Video effects and filters better, they probably have something like that at the Adobe web site...Cheers

3. Lizard12

Lizard12 Member

Thanks man :D
    much appreciated.

but, If I only want the text "layer" to blur and not the video, is that possible?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes it should be possible...There are also effects modules for Premier Like "Title Deco for Premier" and "Hollywood Effects For Premier"

5. Lizard12

Lizard12 Member

Ill try that.