1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thai Subs to Avi....Nasty Fonts

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by odanno, Jul 5, 2007.

1. odanno

odanno Member

Hi All....Trying to sub some avi files and i have tried virtually everything and they are still coming with the strange font syndrome...Vdub isn't working, K-Lite, AVI2DVD, convertxtodvd or even DVD lab pro...I have tried both .srt and .ssa files and it is not working. Inserting the english subs and no probs...

Trying to sub a Korean film....I am about ready to pull what little hair i have left out!

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

You mean you are getting weird symbols instead of the text that you expect? If so then that is because you are using the wrong character encoding. Been heaps of posts on this lately.

3. odanno

odanno Member

You right on, the symbols are strange instead of text...I have seen loads of posts and they have interesting, different solutions...Nothing is working, what's strange is when i open the .ssa with Word..All is OK...Thanks all the same...I'll keep trying.

PS =- Great Forum..!!!

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Word as I understand it can autodetect what language a doc uses, so it could be something along those lines. Could also be that the subs are unicode and you aren't using apps that support unicode.

Basically you are saying that you load the subs via ie. textsub in VDub, set the encoding to 222 (Thai) and they don't display correctly?

5. odanno

odanno Member

GOT IT!

Thanks for your comments....I using K-Lite codec pack and FFDShow and is working fine now...Superb.....