1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank You

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by edgex, Feb 22, 2004.

1. edgex

edgex Member

As a newbie to this forum and to the DVD +/-RW world, the thought of backing up ones DVD collection was huge!I didn't have a clue on what to do , what to use, or how to do a thing. I was aware of 321 studios ...but I wasn't crazy about it. After a week of reading the forums here at "afterdawn" downloading the nessessary FREE software and reading a whole lot more, I was determinded to do my own backups. Following the advice of (Scuba Pete)(Orphius)(Minion)(drchips)and a bunch of other senior and junior members. Sucess! on my first try! I even used a RW DVD at the sugguestion of another member. All of you on this site just KICK ASS! You have created a monster :) Now where do I get that really big stack of G04 Riteks..oh yeah I learned where to get those already. Again members my sincerest thanks to all of you on this site for teaching me. 321 studio's who?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Always nice to see praise given ;-)

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thanks for your kind comments and hope you have the continued success you are experiencing now. If you dont, you know where to find help......

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Speechless)

Thank you -

Pete

5. drchips

drchips Active member

Whoooo!!!

Now why can't more Newbies be polite, respectful, appreciative etc. like edgex?

Nice one, and glad to be of help.

Byeeee...

6. damikster

damikster Guest

WTG edgex, Your ability to put into words that which many of us newbies only feel is of great relief to me and others I'm sure. Anyhow, I am in complete agreement. Here's my personal thank you to those helpful other catagoric members also.

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I also want to thank the above mentioned, and one in paticular,scuba pete,your posts are not only informative but funny as hell!!I read all your post,even if it doesnt involve a question i have,you always make me laugh!!You guys are great and i hope all newbies or whoever, realizes what a help you are.You guys go out of your way to help, and you just dont find that much kindness on this here net!

thanks again
    a greatful n00b

jim_dandy

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

"Auckkheeem" (at last finding my voice)

I'm really glad all of you have enjoyed your experience here -

But now - It's your turn -

We expect you, all of you, to come back - take what you've learned, spend what time you have free, to help others :)

That's what we're about - trying our best to give the other guy a leg up if we can - it's fun and rewarding -

So I trust I'll be seeing you guys, 'round the 'ole watering hole, eatin' beans, fartin' and havin' a good ole' time :-D

"P"

9. edgex

edgex Member

One more thing, to you ScubaPete, there is a powerful force when you yell out "Burn baby burn" "Who's you daddy now" Not only do you get a terrfic burn, but it scares the crap out of your unsuspecting 10 year old. These guides have all missed this incantation...JEEZ someone is slipping..