1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Accurian ADR-3223

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by bmw100, Dec 30, 2007.

1. bmw100

bmw100 Member

I give up. I have looked everywhere and there apparently is no solution other than to purchase a new DVD recorder, I guess.

A little history on my adventures with this machine.
    This is the third one we have had (kept getting them replaced by warranty guarantee). They have all given up the ghost. The last one went out today apparently. It always ends up the same way pretty much. This one will not record on our 4x Memeorex DVD + RW disks. It goes through the paces, as far as recording, but then when you try to play back what supposedly you just recorded, nothing.

We have been using these machines for over 2 years now. Recorded many DVDs and have a substantial library (258 DVD recordings - about 550 movies and programs. Its been fun, but the damn things ain't supposed to just up and die on ya.

I have not been able to find any upgrade of any kind. There has never been a web page from these guys or support of any kind. I was just recently in a Radio Shack and the Name Accurian is still being used there on different products.

There is one last hope, a phone number on the back of the manual. I don't know where it is going to get me. I'll let you know.

BMW100

PS: Have a happy New Year everybody!

2. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

Take a lookat my post to the thread
    [ilo R04 and accurian 3223 ....dead]

3. bmw100

bmw100 Member

This is in refrence to the accurian 3223 on thread
    [ilo R04 and accurian 3223 ....dead]:

" hey pat hope i can help.
    with the help of these guys i was finally able to locate a drive that i could replace the old one with.
    i went to NEWEGG.COM and purchased a ( DVD_BURN LITE-ON LH-20A 1P- 185 ) it was around $35.00.
    you will need to replace the whole drive, and unless you want to do some work to the unit it will not fit like the old one. you can do what i have chosen to do and that to just open the unit and replace the drive. then i made a semi cover for it so that dust would not get it. but it works great except for the FF>> or REW<< while scanning a recorded program. small price to pay to have a great unit like this working again."

So this is what I came away with from that thread. My problem with this particular unit is that it will do 90% of what it should do, just won't record more than one movie to a disk (?). Other than that this one works great, The other two that I had, well one of them only worked two weeks. I shall have to give this a try, although I am finding some pretty tasty looking DVD recorder's out there for about $200.

Thanks for the response. I gave up on the phone number on the back of the Manual. The original product was only guaranteed for 90 days.

Beamer

4. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

That drive will most likely work !!! But you will lose the Fast foward function. If you use the FF function it will lock the unit up and require it to be un-pluged It has been found that the drives upto 1693 and 1695 work on all functions. Should you find that drive does work on FF Let us know as it can be added to the list
    The Accurian is actually a liten 5045 with an 80 gb HDD and can not be hacked> The case is much as a ilo RHD04. The units use the same remote

5. bmw100

bmw100 Member

Thanks for the Info. Do you know of any other places where these drives can be purchased?

Now these two numbers (1693 & 1695)you gave on the drives that work with the Accurian, are they also DVD_BURN LITE-ON LH-20A variety?

Thanks in advance.

Beamer

6. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

Do not know [at present] of any drives

The # given were for reference. Anything below will work.

Remember !!! Drive speed in the unit is governed by the unit to 4x. So the drive speed is really not a factor. The original drive is most likely a DDW 813s
    Some other liteon clones like a Sony do work

There are stickys that cover the drives to use and other info here

http://www.techolio.com/

http://www.normediasolutions.com/portfolio/