1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Anti-RIAA board!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Toiletman, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Orien2

Orien2 Member

I think we need a banner campaign like with the CDA campaign. I made a banner if you have a webpage get in touch with me and I'll give it to you. katz314@mindspring.com

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Wow. I can't believe no one else has posted apart from Orien 2 from 26th September. All scared of the RIAA now eh? Orien 2, you and me are gonna beat the RIAA double handedly. :p Just joking guys, don't hesitate to post here and abuse the RIAA.

3. alntht

alntht Guest

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

[bold]Wow. I can't believe no one else has posted apart from Orien 2 from 26th September. All scared of the RIAA now eh? Orien 2, you and me are gonna beat the RIAA double handedly. :p Just joking guys, don't hesitate to post here and abuse the RIAA.[/bold]

Toiletman, no offense dude, but sitting in front of your computer posting about how you're not afraid wont do anything at all. I mean come on man, what are the chances of an RIAA official or something actually reading this thread? they are quite, no wait VERY low! So while you have been bitching about them on this thread we have been looking for solutions to fight them off, siding with organisations such as the EFF and trying to spread the truth around about whats really going on. So why not try that out? I mean, look at sky news dude, "266 people sued for illegally downloading music", whats wrong with that statement? A LOT, first of all, its sharing not downloading! second of all where is the money going from these suits?? the labels! not the artists the RIAA claim to protect. And the money demands, why didnt they report on the rediculous amount of money they value 1 mp3 at? see while you are dissing the RIAA on a thread, they are using it against you, and any news agency who would read over this thread would get the impression of a bunch of internet pirates whom only care about the free supply of music on the net, now i know no-one on this thread is like that, but dont let the RIAA use it against you man, you are only discrediting yourself :)

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ah the wise Dela. Although to be honest... short of saying 'fusk the riaa' which accomplishes nothing and simply wastes keystroke... there isnt much to *say*... now on the otherhand... where'd that damn composition-4 go? :p

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Praetor put down the C4 man, i told you, thats the [bold]last[/bold] resort, for now we will just stick to light plastic explosives and tech 9's ok? :)

7. Orien2

Orien2 Member

We are protected under the fair use act. I have to do some reading and write a letter. Then I have to do research. I'll come back with it soon.
    I have a job offer I can't afford to mess up but I'll help soon if it is me you need if someone else shows up who's better than me then I'll hand over to them.

8. Praetor

Yay Fair Use Act!
    Dela: *technically* composition is light :p no so sure about its classification as plastic though :p_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2003
  9. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

What do you mean I've done nothing??!! I've shared files on Kazaa Lite, good files, not the scratchy shitty ones, and I sent a letter to the RIAA using NO swearwords (okay maybe a few), and explaining to them how all this shit they are doing is wrong. But I think they will delete it just like all the Anti-RIAA emails got deleted. Did I say Anti-RIAA? I meant, sensible sugggestions. Honest. *_* <==== Honest face

10. Praetor

teeheee Dela... dont you believe him? After all he does have an honest face!

11. andrewsno

andrewsno Guest

Free Album Downloads & an open letter to RIAA!

We at Go-Kart Records want to make it perfectly clear that the RIAA does not represent the views of all record labels. So, we are putting our music where our mouth is to prove a point. We believe that if you like the music you hear you will support it by going to shows, telling your friends, and buying the bands CDs. With this in mind, we are allowing people to download some of our current releases AT NO CHARGE. In other words, we are essentially GIVING these albums away!

http://www.gokartrecords.com/freedownload/

We feel that only by embracing technology can we gain from it, and that a battle like the one that the RIAA is fighting can simply not be won.

We do not believe that online downloads are all that is hurting the music industry. It is a combination of problems, CD burning being the most injurious. Of course, major labels will never take action against the manufacturers of burnable CDs, since in some cases they would then have to sue themselves (why would Sony sue Sony?) Instead they are going after the music fans, whom they hope to intimidate and extort.

We also feel that the lack of original and meaningful music is part of the major labels' problem. Simply put, if there is better music, people will spend money to own it instead of downloading or burning it. The success of Itunes proves that people are willing to buy music online if it is delivered in an intelligent way that is respectful of the consumer.

The major labels control almost all the means of exposure available today. How can you sell records without exposure? Radio is controlled through payola (or its modern form, consultants), the print media is controlled through quid-pro-quo agreements of ads for coverage and vice versa, retail is controlled by co-op dollars (which also includes in-store play for videos), and they even buy their artists' way onto opening slots on tours. So, with a few exceptions, the new music that most people are exposed to is controlled by the five major labels. But they CAN'T control what people download. All they can try to do is control people's access to MP3s, or scare them out of downloading music altogether!

These songs are all RIAA safe! If you like what you hear, please make a donation (see the PayPal button), check out the bands' shows, and spread the word. If you don't, what have you lost?

To read a more in depth article about why we feel the RIAA is wrong please click here http://www.gokartrecords.com/freedownload/riaa.php and please send this email and/or the open letter to the RIAA to as many people as you can.  Only by educating each other can we hope to take advantage of the technical innovations and not run scared from them. 

To read an interview discussing this with Greg from Go-kart go here http://www.openp2p.com/pub/a/p2p/2003/09/25/gokart.html

Also, make sure to check out our upcoming release, the first commercially sold MP3 Sampler called GO-KART MP300 RACEWAY featuring 150 bands and 300 songs. Visit www.gokartrecords.com/mp300 for a demonstration.

Team @ Go-Kart Records
    http://www.GoKartRecords.com

12. Orien2

Orien2 Member

What makes me mad is that we can't do what we want with stuff we own. Eventually I'm going to compose a letter to the supreme court asking that they do something to stop RIAA's abuse of power, violation of both the fair use act and our first amendment rights as well as the kids they sued legal rights.

They cannot buy file sharing. I'd like to thank the gokart records folks for the heads up. That it is about money rather than just ego. Tommorrow after I do my chores I will write a letter to the supreme court hard copy. To explain the legal harrassment and fear mongering that has been going on. I was the one who planted the idea in the EFF's head that a petition would be in order. However I think all of the people trying to pass the word should recieve well dones and attaboys. A revolution is not one person it requires all of us to work towards that aim. We alone don't stand a snowball's chance in hell but we together can really kick some ass.

I thank you you've made this campaign the most bearable one I've ever done. I'm so glad the gokart records folks are here.

I think most popular music these assholes churn out by the crate should be used to torture the people we suspect of being involved with terrorist acts in the world that's the only good use I can think of for it. :)

I find it funny Cary Sherman thinks of this as a war it's more like a legal pissing contest. I mean hell my generation fought the god damn CDA.

I guess I'm the only one still in it. It came at a really bad time for me. I'll ring off now. Gotta hit the rack, kids, my old bones are exhausted.

I'll write that letter soon maybe check in with the EFF again tell them where to hit the fuckers. God this makes me feel like a kid. I wonder if I will be around for the next one.

13. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

We're gonna hit the fuckers so damn hard where it hurts there won't be a next one ;)

14. Orien2

Orien2 Member

I wrote the ACLU I don't know if it did any good.
    Wrote my repressentative I know that was useless too. What we need is major media exposure now tell the world what is going on. Tell the world about how these people are turning this into a witch hunt. Spread the word about the arm twisting. I need a copy of the letter RIAA sends to the people on its shit list so I can escalate the battle. if you have one send it to the EFF and me. My email is a mess I need your email address before you send to me. I usually
    hang out at #links on phazenet. _2neiro is my nick. It's a dump of a network if you can stand it then it is ok. The people are nice but it's disorganized sometimes.

Kind of like the place is a mess the mice are friendly and if you can stand the mess it is ok but don't expect too much.

15. koola

koola Guest

This thread is dynamite lol! Watch out you fusking RIAA scum.

16. Praetor

Dont think RIAA officials care to nor have the time to read these threads hehe there must be millions of them hehe.

17. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Well, I better attract some attention, cuz otherwise all my bitching and preaching ain't gonna get in to their brains which is already full of bullshit already. They do so much bullshit, if they didn't do as much bullshit, there wouldn't be as much bullshit in the world as there is today. My last sentence was just bullshit.

18. Praetor

Stop and think dude.... they dont really care about what a bunch of people here think. They have more important shit to deal with like making more policies and suing more people.

One of the few things you post that I can agree with.

Oh and.... watch the tone a bit.

19. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Well, in that case, I'll just bitch anyway.

20. UnGod

UnGod Guest

I don't think the RIAA is even really a big problem, how many people have they sued for downloading illegal files? a few but not too many and just so you know I don't think the RIAA is really sueing so they get all the money, I mean I "DOUBT" that they might be giving some of the money to the people who spent month's after month's working on those songs that your downloading for free...oh yeah and the people in the RIAA are the bad guys.