1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Antivirus (No comments re Piracy)

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by LUFFYPSP, Dec 26, 2007.

1. ozy

ozy Regular member

There is one piece of hardware internet surfers shouldn't be without "a Router".

I also use the nod32 antivirus (only) not (internet security).

I used to use trend micro internet security 2008 but has become very system hungry.

Antispyware - Counterspy and spysweeper / Very good results

CCleaner to mop up the mess.

Never had an infection undetected.

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I'm using Trend Micro and like it but would like to try NOD32 before i renew my Trend Micro and compare, would there be a free trial for NOD32 anywhere?

3. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

yeah there should be 30 days free trial for NOD32...i'm using AVG 8.0 Pro now as my NOD32 license has expired.its greater than 7.5..well i'm going back to NOD32 when my AVG runs out of license...:p

4. skyphone

skyphone Member

"Diskless Angel" is another choice. It can make the OS such as Win XP to run totally in Ram as virtual image with or without hard disk. It is also bootable from CD/DVD/USB Flash which can be unpluged after booting, so it should be safe enough to avoid infection of virus because it is only a virtual image.

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

so far NOD32 is working great web pages are loading faster too!

are you guys using a firewall with NOD32 ?, I have a firewall router and my windows firewall is on that should do it right?

7. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

yeah NOD32 take the least memory among other Antivirus...and no i dont recommend using the smart security(the one included with the firewall)...last time i use it,my internet went so damn slow,the loading page...you wait for a long time and you'll get page cannot be displayed.their firewall is so tight,blocking the speed of internet.so NOD32 antivirus + some antispyware +you current firewall should be good...