1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Audio Player

Discussion in 'Audio' started by baka4, Sep 13, 2004.

1. baka4

baka4 Member

Other than Windows Media player and Musicmatch what is the best audio player?
    Thanks

2. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Have you tried Winamp, very good audio player. Imo 2.90 is the best version as small file and fast access. The newer versions are slower and bulky.

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Google your way to JetAudio -- it's FRee and also has a companion called JetCast where you can broadcast over the net to your heart content !!

4. baka4

baka4 Member

Thanks for the info

5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

I Have been using Jet Audio for almost a year now and it has a lot of nice features -- it can Convert -- RIP and BURN -- Record -- listen to broadcast on the JetCast network -- play Mp3's and the likes ...Play almost all types of movies. ~~

Enjoy ......
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2004
  6. baka4

baka4 Member

Thanks for the info.

7. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Always liked Sonique myself, been going through a bit of a rough time with corporate takeovers lately but Sonique 2 is close to release and is incredibly cool.

8. Trakinas

Trakinas Guest

I like zinf pretty much! But I dont know how does it works on windows (im using linux right now).

For windows, i use Ashampoo. Its good enough and can record audio cds as well. It plays videos too.

9. yojimbo2k

yojimbo2k Member

the newest version of winamp is excellent. Hard to believe it's actually an AOL product!

You can watch video, listen to radio, there are even links to streaming music vids on winamps sites... of course you can also listen to MP3 and so on - but the best feature is ability to skin it. Truw a lot of players have this, but winamp has more skins than you've had hot dinners. It allows me to use a skin that take up little real estate on my screen. Perfect.

I used Sonique for a while too and it's also very good... but I still prefer winamp at the mo.

10. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

-Like yojimbo2k stated Winamp is a good audio player and like Windows Media player it also plays Video.
    I have it since V.2.00 and it always has found a home on all the PC I own or build for others. It’s a good piece of Software. The Free version is good and the Pro ($14.95) is better not bad for a program that also burns audio CD and the number of Plug-in supported is big.
    Give the Free version a try see if you like it.
    well that’s my two cents.

11. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

I like dBpowerAMP audio player the best, it's free doesn't take up much cpu so you can always run it in the background, it doesn't take a long time to load big playlists and you can edit the tags while you listen. Doesn't convert but i just use another program for that.

12. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I use the latest version of Winamp 5. It plays all my mp3 files & even flac files (lossless) once I found the plugin on the Winamp site.

The only thing I use WMP 10 (Windows Media Player) for is playing audio CD's (Winamp will do that too) & WMA files.

Been happy with Winamp since version .92 or so. Hated version 3 so I stayed with 2 until the new version 5 came out. It's great!

13. lauritx

lauritx Regular member

One moore. Foobar 2000. Not so nice looking but if there is little differents in sounds i like that.

14. baka4

baka4 Member

Just a note to say thanks and what a great web site afterdawn is. I just got into the video burning and have learned alot by reading the forms (thx scubapete). I had always used musicmatch but the most recent will not work on my pc. Prob because I'm using ME. I went back to an ealier version and I'm gonna try Jetaudio.
    Thanks again
    Baka

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Me likes Quintessential player :)

16. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

If you ask me winamp is just an average player.
    I like my music to sound good and it can't do that.
    I tried it for a few days and played around with the settings and it just couldn't compare to realplayer.
    Used the latest version aswell.

17. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I only use Realplayer for realaudio & realvideo files & yes I have the player thats paid for with all the extra bells & whistles.

I just prefer Winamp (the paid version) for playing mp3 files even though Realplayer (& Windows Media Player) will play them also.

Everybody has a favorite player. Mine's Winamp!