1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Blank DVD's Are Memorex....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by PLowran, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Ripper

Ripper Active member

The thing all of you dont seem to understand is that in about a year or so your disks will be unplayable, cos memorex are crap.

There's no two ways about it IMO

2. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

Boy this thread sure has turned into comedy hour. Memorex as being the best and people actually defending the statement, what a joke!!!
    I've been backing up movies for 6 years and they all work perfectly using verbatims. The best part of it all is office max puts them on sale for 14.99 for a 50 pack all the time. You can't beat that with a bat!!!!

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Try me ;-)

Also, if anyone else says Memorex are good media, I will beat them with a bat!

4. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

I'm just saying that i have had games last on memorex for several years. I have a back-up of Halo 2( copy of my game) that i made when it first came out and i havent needed to reburn or anything. still plays like new. All my other back-ups play great too, but i'm having trouble with DAH2. Locks up radomly during play or won't even load at all.

I never said that memorex was the best, just said that i think it is good media and it also works on my ps2 and gc perfectly.

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

What do your Memorex code out as?

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the only decent memorex are the DVD+R DL which code out as Ritek

all the SL are crap its like rolling the dice on what your going to get buying them so WHY????

you can buy Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim and know what your getting EVERYTIME!!!

7. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

i tried checking the code with nero and the code didnt show up. so i'am unsure what the code is. i know that these aren't made by memorex but they a under memorex's name since i bought them from meritline and they came in a giant spindel with a barcode on them. they are silver dvd's with no writing on them except for the memorex text around the area were the spindel holds it(the hole in the middle of the disc).

Taiyo Yuden burn at 1x in my 16x burner so i dont bother to buy them if they take a hour to record a dvd. I have a lite-on 1693s and it has the latest firmware and i 'am runnng windows xp professional.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Download and run DVDInfoPro, check their code with that.

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- i had a couple of Lite-on 1693S's for a while and they burnt Taiyo's as well as any other burner

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Is your firmware up to date in that LiteOn; the one that only burns at 1x...

11. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

The only thing I've really liked by Memorex is their 128mb USB thumbdrive. It works great with my PS2 and transfering saves with ARmax.