1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best cost effective surround sound system

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by prunier1, Dec 14, 2008.

1. prunier1

prunier1 Member

Hi,

Newbie here and maybe not on the right thread, but can anyone give me some advice on the best surround sound system to purchase in the uk with a budget of around £150? I would like it to obviously play dvds in 5.1 and also be compatible with the 5.1 audio of freeview channels. Any help would be appreciated.

2. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

For a processor and speakers, you're best looking at a PC system.
    I'm using the Logitech Z-5400 which is ideal for a PC based system, but would also be more than adequate for a TV setup.

I think it's been replaced by the G51 and Z-5500 series, not sure how much they are, but there are liekly to be deals around, and also they'll be Creative equivalent sets as well.

3. prunier1

prunier1 Member

thanks for the reply, will check it out.

4. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

This - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0015S394U/sh-ne-522-21

Much better than any PC based speakers at the same price. I recently upgraded from some x-540s to these.

Now using an optical switch I have my PC, PS3, 360 and Sky+ connected to it.

Sound quality is amazing and you may be able to get it cheaper (I paid £130) if you look around.

5. ads

ads Member

that was my budget for 1 speaker lol :p i have a set of the logitec e 5400 they are nice speakers for the price.. I dont use them anymore since I upgraded night and day diffrence but for the price they are a good bang for the buck..