1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THe best dvd-writer for xboxps2 games, Please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Brethart, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Brethart

Brethart Guest

Hey, what is the best dvd burner to do Xbox and PS2 games on,anyones that you have never had a problem with are much appreciated as I need to buy a new dvd writer and I dont wanna make a mistake.

2. gwhite23

gwhite23 Guest

LG Super Multi DVD REWRITER has been great for me, I got it recently and it hasnt given me any problems yet. Many people have complained about burning xbox games to Dvd+r's and it wont play in their xbox, but it works for me while burning using this burner...

3. clarky

clarky Regular member

Personally, I like Liteon. I have a LDW-451S and a SOHW-832S (DL) and i have not had a single issue with the 'many' burns i have carried out. Both these burners are +&- compatible and in my opinion you would be best to take this option (in what ever brand you buy) when choosing your burner.

The problem that most xbox users have with +R media is the xbox drive that they have. Samsung drives do not read +R media - Unless you alter the booktype setting of the burner. This is as simple as downloading a little program from www.liteonit.com My own xbox has no trouble reading +R media but that is becasue it is a thompson and not a sammy.

My newest burner (the SOHW-803S) is Dual layer and is quite reasonable in price. Obviously the longer you wait the cheaper they become but its a choice you have to make.

Anyway both these burners will burn PS2 games directly from the pc and xbox games from your created iso.

Hope this helps you make your mind up.

Clarky

4. Brethart

Brethart Guest

How do you find out what drive your Xbox is?Does it depend on the version?
    Thanks alot for the replys,I've havent heard much ppl talking good about liteon but I might give them a try.
    Does it have dvd9 writing?

EDIT: I FOUND OUT MY DRIVE IS THOMPSON,WHAT DRIVE IS BEST FOR WRITING GAMES A THOMPSON WILL ACCEPT. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2004
  5. clarky

clarky Regular member

Yeah the second burner i mentioned was a dual layer ie dvd 9 burner, i also have a thompson drive in my xbox.

6. Brethart

Brethart Guest

Hey clarky, since I've the same drive as you and you said you have no problems with liteon what dvd-\+r's did u use as it would be very helpfull.

7. clarky

clarky Regular member

i use princo a grade. They are very cheap and for me they have been reliable. you can get 50 for around $35 Australian dollars here. Others here swear by ritec, i will give them a go myself as soon as i find a store which sells spindles.

If you have any other questions just ask or pm me.

oh and check out www.liteonit.com they have just released a 12x DL burner (the dl spped is not 12, just single side though).