1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best pubs in the world...

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Sinjin, May 6, 2004.

1. Sinjin

Sinjin Member

After a long hard day of staring at a computer screen, often I have found sweet, sweet solice at the local brewery. I would suggest visiting Gritty's if ever visiting the great city of Portland, Maine here in the 'ol US of A. Any other suggestions of good pubs out there?

I am particularly interested in pubs in the EU, I am planning a trip soon...

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Belfast - The Botannic Inn

3. carefree

carefree Member

The gunner ,edinburgh(lol) nah im only joking with that 1 dont go there man whatever u do,if ur ever in edinburgh there's loads of good pubs on 'george street' in the town centre.

4. GrayArea

GrayArea Member

Eichardt's pub, Sandpoint, Idaho USA is exceptional. Stop in for a pint if you're in the neighborhood. Not exactly the EU...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]We mustn't lower ourselves to the level of those we loathe, lest we become loathsome ourselves.[/small]

Last edited: May 7, 2004
  5. psycoandy

psycoandy Member

Well if you ever get to Colchester in the newly dubbed poppy county of England. The Hospital Arms on crouch street is a great location for a pub, a little small but it has a curryhouse next door for the classic curry n a pint night, and has accident and emergency on the otherside of the road in case of accidents (which usually come in the form of Squaddies) ahh the trials and tribulations of living in a barracks town.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The Horny Toad in Carefree Arizona. All you can eat deep fried icelandic king cod on Friday's and a wonderful selection of beer.

7. Sinjin

Sinjin Member

Sweet suggestions!

Horny Toad, eh? I just so happen to be taking an Arizona jaunt in a couple of weeks. I'm not quite used to the heat so I may need a drink or two...in scenic Cave Creek is it?

Don't know how my vegetarian stomache would take deep-fried icelandic king cod though. :)

Carefree, I'll avoid the Gunner. It's probably more useful to know the bars to avoid then the ones to visit! I'd stay clear of Genos here in Portland, although I've had some crazy times there in my younger (and infinately more reckless) days...

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The Horny Toad is actully in Cave Creek (D'oh!). I always want to say Carefree because I get to it off the Carefree Highway :)

I have no idea if they have vegetarian dishes - I'm severely allergic to healthy food.

It's been pushing 100F or above the last few days so bring your shades and sunscreen!

9. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

What do you all look for in a pub and in what order.

I personally go for

A good selection of beers/lagers which are kept well firstly.

Atmosphere

Women

Activities ie: Pool, Darts Fruit Machine's

Oh and a good Juke Box is essential

10. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Oh

Pitcher & Piano - Swansea

Cracking for a so called chain pub

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I tend to go to club-pubs more often than not, that way i can get well drunk and get off with a sexy honey - which can only always be a good thing...