1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bourne Supremacy [i]again[/i]

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by T-shot, Jan 30, 2005.

1. T-shot

T-shot Member

I know there are hundreds of posts on this problem, but I seem to be having a new problem that I haven't seen on the forums, yet. In one file of the main movie files I keep getting a cyclic redudancy check error. No matter what I do I can't seem to get past it. I've even tried Scuba Pete's magic (thanks for the help anyway Pete). I've tried using DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter and I'm trying CDCheck to see if I can recover that one file. The wierd thing is that there are no scratches on the DVD whatsoever. I haven't tried VOBlanker, yet. I'm going to try that next. Other than that I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Just so we all are on the same page I have the widescreen version. I thought that some might be using the fullscreen version and that could be part of the problem.
    When I use DVD Shrink (3.2 b/c I can't find an older ver), I will only reach about 53% on the analyze and then it stops and won't go any further. When I use DVD Decrypter 3.5.2.0 I will get to about 300k of file VTS_01_4.VOB and it will freeze up. When I used Scuba Pete's method it seemed that it wouldn't finish b/c it was taking forever (btw Pete how long did it take for you?). Please help this newbie.
    Thx for any help

2. J_man

J_man Regular member

It's possible you just happened to get a bad disk.
    Return for another copy and try again.
    Mine worked fine.
    Ripped with decryptor in file mode,then shrink to compress to (.iso), then decryptor to burn.

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

T-shot--I also had a hard time with this movie, but finally got it when I checked in here and saw ScubaPete's advise about running AnyDVD in the background--You can download the trial version for free--this worked like a charm for me--hope it does for you--Good Luck

Whitfield

4. T-shot

T-shot Member

The wierd part is the disk isn't bad.... I can watch it on my set top DVD player or on my PC with PowerDVD. I'll try AnyDVD. Thx for the help guys.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

When playing a dvd, many errors in the data will be overlooked and it will play great. However when trying to rip that same dvd, the errors will always show up and give you problems.

Jerry

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

T-Shot--
    I found out that "The Bourne Supremacy" has the new ArccOS encryption and that is why you need AnyDVD running in the background--This will work for you I am pretty sure--Just download the trial version--it is free for 28 days--Good Luck

Roger(Whitfield)

7. J_man

J_man Regular member

I only have Dvd Decryptor and Dvd Shrink installed on my computer and I have not come across a single Dvd these two will not copy. Sometimes you need to change the order in which you rip and burn or install a still image but thats all.
    I have Full backups and re-authored movie only.
    Anydvd might make things easier but it's not free or a must have in order to backup a movie.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  8. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

True-I agree-The key there is that you do have to install a still image--T-shot--have you ripped that DVD yet?

9. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

10. T-shot

T-shot Member

Well I tried AnyDVD and it didn't work.... I think I need something that will not be confused by the cyclic redundancy error I'm receiving. It wouldn't be a problem if I could just get past this one file. I've already done the entire movie except this one part of the movie. Arrrgh!!!

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Wow--I thought that would work--the error you are getting is normally caused by a bad disk--did you try lawndog's fix? Insert a still image--that has worked for several people

12. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Oh--I forgot--also you can try to change some of the settings in Decryptor--First it should be version 3.5.1.0--Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to default. Then in the "General "tab change removal method from "normal" to a "aggresive", in file mode, tick Remove PUO's" for ripping in "ISO Read Mode", tick "Remove PUO's" also in the CSS tab, under "CSS cracking method" choose "Brute Force"--I/O tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says "Ignore Read Errors"--this is an excellent method for dealing with scratched disks--give it a shot--

13. T-shot

T-shot Member

I think I found the problem (crowds cheering and loud applause)!! First, I knew which file was giving me the problem. In this case, I found out that it was VTS_01_4.VOB. But, what I did was I looked all around in the settings in DVD Decrypter for something that I might change to help this situation. I found a setting called Read Speed under the I/O tab. I changed that to 1X. It makes sense since most DVD players only run at 1X anyway (I think I heard that somewhere). I ran DVD Decrypter on only this file and it worked. I'm running Decrypter on the rest of the movie as I write this so I'll let you know how it goes when I run DVD Shrink. Thx for all the help guys.

14. T-shot

T-shot Member

OK here's what I had to do. If you ever run into a problem with getting a CRC error, you can try this method. The first thing to do is follow Scuba Pete's instructions on setting up DVD Decrypter, but then go to the Device tab in the settings. On the bottom right there is a spot for read speed. Put a check mark in the box and then set it to 1X. Run DVD Decrypter on the IFO and movie files (you can try it on the whole movie, but I was having other problems with that). Then open up DVD Shrink and I had to re-author the movie to get it to disk. If anyone has any other suggestions (I'll read the forums more on it), about getting the movie with the menus intact let me know. For now that's where I stand. I hope this helps anyone else having the same types of problems. Thx everyone!! :)