1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THE BOX Error Code while Flashing ... help!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by krazyasif, Jul 18, 2007.

1. krazyasif

krazyasif Guest

Hi

I've just tried to flash my box today/. Got all the cables using a seriel to Port USb Cable.

Now I did everything right ... put the correct port in GTrom software etc and the file. I connected everything ok and went by the book.

I clicked download and it was stuck at 0% for like 2 minutes ... so me being impatient I thought i may have put the USB connector in the wrong hole so I took it out and put it in another one ... then put it back in the same one as before and the GTRom thing stopped.

Now when I try to GTrom it it keeps saying a windows red pop up box comes up and it says .... "Can;t Open Seriel Port. Last Error: Access is Denied"

What do i do? Iv tried turning the starview THEBOX off and on again and still same error?

Have I fried my box:( or is it solvable?

2. krazyasif

krazyasif Guest

Got it working now:) Just unplugged the USB and turned on and off PC and THEBOX

Worked

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No thats what I call do it yourself congrats :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Congratulations .. great to see a newbie trying and succeeding :)

5. krazyasif

krazyasif Guest

Thanks! stop it ul make me blush lol

erm sorry to have to ask

Do you know how to sort the channels in order such as "Entertainment" "Sports" "Movies" etc?

Also I think I am missing some channels ... will help to see properly when I sort them to see which ones I aint missing ... Seems like all Sky Premiere channels

6. krazyasif

krazyasif Guest

I think i know how to do it....

is this correct?

Connect Laptop and THEBOX using Null Modem

Open that SVCE and the channels should all be up and then just a case of ordering them??? (its a guess)

Dont want to try untill im 100%

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Not quite but close if you download the SVCE guide I gave you earlier this will explain all

8. krazyasif

krazyasif Guest

Dont want to sound incompetent but that guide is confusing. It doesnt tell you how to set your PC with the BOX to connect it

There are no step by step intstructions ... any help?

I'll know how to use the software that should be simple from the instructions in that guide ... only thing I need to know is what to do in terms of connecting PC to BOX

DO you use the Null Modem Cable? Also how do I transfer these files to THEBOX when its sorted

Is it a case of Connect to THEBOX .... do some download thing to get all cahnnels into that software (dunno how to do) ... then order channels as u want using that software (shud be able to work this out) and finally resend that to THEBOX (dunno how to do that)

Any help

Thanks

9. krazyasif

krazyasif Guest

Got it sorted mate:)

For anyone interested

A case of connecting Null Cable MOdem to PC and THEBOX then opening GTROM thingy and clicking on Channel Data file and Upload

THat brings all the channels from THEBOX to ur comp via a bin file - save it on desktop

THen u open that SVCE and click file and open that bin file from the Desktop and it will bring all the channels into that software .... just a case of rearranging .... read that pdf for doing that ... really good. You can move one at a time or loads at once . . .

Then you save this file - renaming it onto the desktop .. .re-open GTROM - make sure ur PC and STARVIEW are connected and click Channel Data File and Download (NOT upload).

PS: Make sure baud rate is correct both on GTROM and ur port settings in device manager (control panel>system> system hardware> device manager)

and

If it says Port Access denied or a failed flash then simply restart comp and ur starview ... leave for a few seconds off and restart then try downloading it again

Hope that makes sense hehe ..... just thought id help other people out too:)