1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The box pvr setup

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by blitz2163, Nov 15, 2007.

1. blitz2163

blitz2163 Member

Ive just recived one of these and it looks like a great bit of kit but does anyone know how to use the loop through cable? its not even mentioned in the manual I take it its something to do with allowing you to watch one channel and record another

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Yes the loop through is quite straight forward, the PVR version has two tuners to be able to record two different channels to the hard disc so your first main input from you supplier goes into the Cable 1 Input then you need a short cable to go between cable one loop output to cable two input
    jbvid

3. blitz2163

blitz2163 Member

Thats great and just to clarify does that mean I ignore the manual which says to put the main cable into the ANT IN connector and just put it straight into the Cable 1 Input?

4. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Yes ignore that, the manuals arn't always right, other input is for your rooftop type tv channels aerial. Not tried that myself yet so I don't know what it will pick up but buttons on remote have TV/Sat/vcr/aux/stb. I will try it and see.
    jbvid

5. blitz2163

blitz2163 Member

Thats great thanks alot

6. blitz2163

blitz2163 Member

Does anyone know if theres a way to use the EPG while you are recording

7. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

I haven't found a way, there are several things you can't do while recording.
    jbvid

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Can someone explain to me after you record on one channel and you want to play it back how do you get it to play back in full screen

Also i have put a splitter in and split of the main cable to the box so it has 2 direct feeds going to it instead of using the loop cable seems to work no bother just cant get the full picture after the recording has finished only small viewing box on the right hand side thanks

9. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Yes, Press HDD on the remote, then select the recording you wish to view then press ok, works fine for me. Try a short cable between the two cable tuners (loop cable) at the back and make sure you are in the correct ones as its easy to get into wrong socket (there are 6 sockets at the rear, confusing) This must be your problem. You will also reduce your signal strength using splitters.
    jbvid