1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Box- starview 2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by unitedfan, Apr 24, 2008.

1. maherman

maherman Member

Lads can anybody help i have just updated the starview 2 the box with _H20071015_454eE_api.bin it went through the download process fine but when i tried to plug it into the mains i get 4 lines and then nothing is this the right software im here in dublin HELP PLS

2. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Try H20070705-450 eE-api.bin.This firmware is for Ireland

3. malci

malci Guest

Seen a few posts with people having problems when flashing Starview 2 The Box with firmware versions over 4.50 Ireland and 4.51 UK, below is the correct procedure and you must load 2 bin files in the correct order if you want to upgrade :-

As regards the 4.52,53,54, using GTRom 4.00 is no good, that's where people are going wrong - this is the procedure :- From v4.50/51 you must - Use the New Improved GTrom Loader Ver 4.03 for example >>>>>>>

First flash thebox_H20070814_452eE_api.bin to your box with the new GTRom.4.3
    (select as App file only)

Then flash thebox_logobg.bin to your box using the new GTRom.4.3
    (select Background Data File)

Version 4.53 For UK

If you are upgrading from 4.51 or earlier you must flash 4.53 first. then flash the logo file. If you already have the 4.52 on just flash the 4.53 straight on no need for the logo file, you must use the 4.3 loader.

Version 4.54 for UK & Ireland

If you are upgrading from 4.51 or earlier then flash 4.54 first then afterwards flash the logo file. If you already have 4.52 on or later then just flash the 4.54 straight on without it. You must use the new Loader Software v4.3

Personally I find the 4.52/53 and 54, to be more trouble than they are worth, I find the 4.51 in UK much more stable, but it's an individual choice, but that is the procedure above.

4. bunswald

bunswald Member

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Just put the V4.50 on your box ad you will be fine you will find all the info you need in the eko site on the end of some posters signature

6. bunswald

bunswald Member

thanks fergus, ill give it a go

7. balcee

balcee Regular member

Does anyone know why the wrestling ppv show isn't being shown on the b0x office channel this time?

8. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Is it because its crap ???

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  9. s03bf0f9

s03bf0f9 Regular member

how do i check emu is on capture for eurovox max v????

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

11. s03bf0f9

s03bf0f9 Regular member

sorry just not sure which thread i will get an answer from. do you know about eurovox? i am havin trouble with this black eurovox max v?

12. balcee

balcee Regular member

Was there any need for that John? Don't abuse this board with your childish remarks.

13. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

I'm not abusing the board, I'm just joking...come on ...that was too good to pass up...seriously.!!!

Cant we have a lighter moment here, doesn't always have to be soooo serious ya know.....:)

Sory if I upset you, but I really was just having a joke with you...I couldn't resist.

14. DesB

DesB Regular member

Balcee
    I didnt notice you praising John when he was given freely, the good advice, and help, to others on the thread, so take the banter as it was meant.... in good spirit!!

15. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Thanks for that Des.
    I really was having a joke, I guess my sense of humour is not the same as his...ahh well........

16. countys32

countys32 Member

Ok real question here I have a starview 2 (the Box) and when i turn it on, on the tv screen the "The Box" logo comes on and then it gets stuck there I cant get passed this point on the receiver itself theres just one single dash has anyone experienced this before is this fixable this is a original box only flashed once and now its just stuck like this any help please....

17. countys32

countys32 Member

sorry its not a starview 2 its just a starview one but when i turn it on its= get stuck on The Box logo on the screen how did that happen can i fix this or is it F'd??

18. balcee

balcee Regular member

Sounds to me like you have the wrong firmware. I've never used Starview original but I'm pretty sure you have to use v 2.57.

John - you have a fabulous sense of humour.

19. malci

malci Guest

If as you say it is Starview 1 (Just say's Starview on front left hand side of box) then you definately have the incorrect software on - you will only see The Box Logo on Starview 2 The Box - so if it is a genuine box SV 1 then you will need CrypStar-v1.4-Core400.bin
    If it is a clone or you have any doubt then use CryptStar-v1.4-Core257.bin, you will find them in Eamo's library >>>>>>>>
    For the record Starview 2 only has The Box on the front.
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/3042613/f6e3421c/sharing.html

20. countys32

countys32 Member

This question is only for a real Pro or anyone who really knows there S.h.i.t

I have posted here already but I haven’t had much luck with the responses so far, I have a starview 1 it’s an original it definitely is no doubt about it, I have also flashed many starviews 1’s and 2’s and digivox’s eurovox’s etc successfully (so I know how to do it properly), but this one is giving me a real headache, it must have the wrong firmware on it I’m sure but when I try and flash it, it refuses to let me do it saying Flash update Failed, also when I turn it on the only light that comes on the receiver is a single green dash on the left and nothing else, even more strange is when I turn the receiver on the BOX logo appears on the TV screen (and its stuck like that) suggesting to me that somewhere down the line someone (not me) had tried to flash this with the wrong firmware what I really want to know is if this is fixable is there a way to force flash the box like on a digivox or should I just throw it in the bin any of you smart lads out there let me know if you can help please