1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The boxSoftware flashed to starview box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by barts2, Nov 21, 2007.

1. barts2

barts2 Regular member

hi lads i just flashed software for "the box" onto the old starview box its not a clone but it wont turn on now all im gettin on the display on the box is " - " wen i plug it in and try goin to the menu it wont let me do factory reset or reflash the box any help please lads thanks

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

you need to do a recover from a bad flash to get it sorted, use the search facility on the site to bring you to the posts or

Taken from a reputable site - I dont take credit for the below good work.
    Connect the box to the pc with your cable but switch it off at the back. Load the correct firmware bin file into GTRom & set it to the correct com port, and select App file only then hit Download. Only then switch on at the back to power on the box. It may take a few sec. so wait at least 30 sec. (If it doesn't work 1st time try also waiting a couple of sec. to switch on after pressing download in the loader.) It may take more than 1 try to work, but eventually you'll see the loader kick in and the % bar increase. You won't see the % on the Starview though. Only green lines moving left to right. Towards the end of the flash you'll see a message in GTRom saying FLASH BURNING. Then it will reach 100% and wait for the download complete popup box to appear & the box will reboot back to factory setup. You will have lost any channel data previously on the box & will need to rescan & switch on EMU and set the box up from scratch.

3. barts2

barts2 Regular member

cheers mate it worked first time thanks very much mate ur a legend very appreciated