1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The burn disc looks odd?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by tripplite, Jun 13, 2007.

1. tripplite

tripplite Guest

so my modded 360 is in the shop (so i cant test the game), i burnt a disc and looks all funny? there are circles and wavey lines, circles around circles, when you look at from a distance you cant see it, but from up close you can,
    i burn with CLONECD at 2.4x the slowest speed, with a dual layer disc, do i have a coaster (i hope not, the disc really pinch my wallet)

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

3. steimy

steimy Active member

there is not way to tell without trying to play it. Did you use top quality media? Is your burners firmware up to date?

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

My best guess, something screwy happened at the plant with the dye spreading.

5. tripplite

tripplite Guest

no but really, what do your disc's look like after they are burned? what should it look like

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well besides the purple color it should be two defined sections of solid purple, with one being darker than the other. No swirls, spots, wavy lines, etc. on the dic.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

correct, It would look pretty much like any other buned DVD.

8. tripplite

tripplite Guest

seems PeaInAPod was correct, the disc i burned looked completely different then any other burn i've ever seen, turned out when i would make any burn with any disc from that spindle the same result would acur
    , their all useless because although any software will complete the burn they'll still end up corrupt i never really thought your disc could come pre- coastered.