1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Chronicles of Riddick Not decrypting

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by discboy, Jan 16, 2005.

1. discboy

discboy Guest

Perhaps there is a new form of encription out there came across a dvd that just does not want to decrypt. anyone have ant ideas . Ed

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi diskboy--

I did not have any problem with that particular DVD--What software are you using?

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

I think I had to use DVD Decryptor first because I did have a problem with DVDShrink

4. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

I had no problems backing up CoR. In fact I have an ISO of it sitting on my HDD now. I used Shrink. If Shrink won't work for you, try ripping ti in [bold]FILE[/bold] mode with Decrypter first, then open the files in Shrink. :)

5. J_man

J_man Regular member

I had no problems backing up COR.Used shrink and decryptor.

Weirdo007,
    nice pic,Borg rule

6. discboy

discboy Guest

I am using the most current DVD Decryptor. Now I just found out that the DVD also contains an xbox game within it.

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

DVD X COPY works fine too

8. brobear

brobear Guest

I'll just jump in and say I did that one as well. No problems. I run AnyDVD all the time. Ripped to the HD with DVD Decrypter and recorded with DVDCopy3 from InterVideo. Fast and an excellent quality copy. Check for smudges and scratches on the disc, that will cause recording problems as well as a faulty disc.

9. wild77

wild77 Guest

Done easily with DVD Decrypter to HD
    Nero Recode2 [bold]Main Movie Only[/bold]to encode and burn,Looks great.

10. discboy

discboy Guest

Alright thanks for all the help everyone has offered . I am sure it must be the disc , I have never had any problems before with any other dvd useing decrypter before . Ed

11. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome. If you want to play around and check it out, you can download the freeware app DVDInfoPro and check the disc for write errors. It's a useful tool that anyone recording should have. It has a lot of different utilities in the program.

12. ripnburn

ripnburn Member

Do you guys always use shrink to reauthor to burn just the movie? or Do you backup the complete movie? When I tried to backup the complete movie of COR, I know it had to copy a copy protection causing errors.

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Shrink can edit or there is full backup; depending on the need and desire, it can be done either way. I suggest using AnyDVD with Shrink. New encryption systems have come out since the last time Shrink was updated. Read the product description and try the 3 week trial download of AnyDVD at http://www.slysoft.com

14. brobear

brobear Guest

ripnburn
    I recorded CoR some time ago, full disc, and didn't have any problems. That was before some of the more troublesome encryption systems came along. Since I got AnyDVD, I let it run all the time. I know it's helping, I'm not sure how much with Shrink. I know with some movies Shrink won't work alone. So, I let AnyDVD run all the time so I don't get any surprises. The AnyDVD info page even tells the user what encryption system is being used.

15. ripnburn

ripnburn Member

Tks Brobear! I will try AnyDVD out and let you know how it worked for me. Do you use DVD_Decrypter at all?

16. brobear

brobear Guest

DVD Decrypter is one of my favorite programs. Most of the programs I use are capable of using HD files. I let AnyDVD run in the background and rip the files to the hard drive with Decrypter. Data flow is smoother from the HD than a drive anyway. Plus, the files are there to check in case anything goes wrong.

17. azzhats

azzhats Member

Hi i have same problem i cant copy cor with dvd shrink and i cant do it with dvd decripter and anydvd dont do anything at all... do u solve the problem?? plz someone help me... I have lastest version of dvd srhink and dvd decripter and the movie is The Chronicles Of Riddick Unrated Director's Cut... plz help

18. wild77

wild77 Guest

You probably have a bad disc try another one.

19. azzhats

azzhats Member

I alredy try that... This is the third disc i try to copy... need help

20. wild77

wild77 Guest

I have the directors cut and used Decrypter in File mode to rip to my hard drive,then ran it through Recode2.

If the newest version of Decrypter or AnyDVD won't do it is probably a bad disc.There seem to be alot of them going around.

What region is the disc?