1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The College Crap Thread

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Auslander, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Greetings and salutations, all! 'Tis i, the mysterious Auslander! >.>

okay, so some of you may be able to remember back to the long long ago when i started the High School Research Paper thread... yes yes yes, it was a fine and dandy thread that spawned a multitude (and by multitude, i mean one) of copycat threads. anyway, i've graduated, and it's time to move on.

*big dramatic music*

so here it is! the college crap thread! if you're a college student...or are going to be entering college...or have graduated from college...or have the world "college" in your personal vocabulary, come on down and post something (let's try to keep it relevant).

to start off, no sooner than when i sit down to work today than did i get an idea. you see, my friend Muhammed (Chris) had informed me of an unexpected surprise related to passing the AP exam in the spring. so, i checked my transcript and found a surprise. during high school, i had been dually-enrolled to knock out English Comp I and II, and that had given my six credits to start with. i knew that. ^.^ but what i didn't know was that when i passed the AP exam for Calc I, (4 out of 5--congratulate me!), my school gave me 10 credits for it! so i entered college with 16 credits! basically, that's a whole semester.

i know for you overachievers out there, that isn't a lot. but i'm only taking 15 (or 16...i forget) credits this semester. turns out that now i will have time to take a few more math classes (and not surrender my german courses) and get a bachelor's degree in both physics [bold]and[/bold] math! sweetness! i'm all ...happy...and...stuff.

anyway, if you've visited my user page, you've seen that i'm in the dorms and whatnot...now you're all up to date on my life. post away, my minions.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

It took me 5 years to get my 4 year degree because I spent more time in the student union playing Spades, pool and ping pong...but I had a great time, I also got a degree in Business Administration which I have yet to use in the 10 years after my graduation.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

well, i'm back from Philosophy: Intro to Logic. interesting subject, but kind of drawn out. i'm very much looking forward to get out of the 1000s classes and into the 2000s, 3000s, etc.

4. LOCOENG

You frickin brainiac you....BTW, yer sig is missing.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, hey, it sounds like fun. lordy, i need to get my homework done...i frickin' hate sociology.

anyway, yeah, that's weird about my sig. on the reply page, i see it missing, but back on the actual thread, it's there. hmmm...

only 3 classes tomorrow! woot! i kinda...skipped most of one today, as i was learning to mod firefox and totally forgot about it. no worries, though...it was a guest lecture i was able to sneak into...and get my name on the attendance sheet. can't do that again, though ^.^

6. LOCOENG

My socialogy prof was a polygymist (sp?)...a total nut job too.

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

mine is just crazy. i have this weird assignment to work on...writing a synopsis of certain works to two guys...but the material to summarize isn't listed.... oy...

8. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

good to hear that college is going well aus. now get your butt back here so we can hang out. lol all that aside, i love college. i get out every day @ 11:50 except on mondays when i have my chem lab, freaking sweet. love the whole idea of free roaming, beats the hell out of high school. i like my classes for the most part i suppose, though one of my teachers foams at the mouth when she talks (no kidding) so thats kinda distracting. lol aside from that all is well. well bhye kids im off to work, ugh. id rather be at college.

9. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

i cant wait to go to college its much easier than high shcool as u get like random days off and u only concentrate on a few subjects unlike school were u have to revise for 15!

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

no, it's not easier...you have to be an adult. if you go to a reputable school or take challenging classes (and no matter what level you're on, you're classes should [bold]always[/bold] be a challenge, as that's how you grow), it's going to be just as hard or harder.

school will only ease up on you if you stop stretching to your full potential.

11. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

spoken like a true genius. lol or maybe genass? so aus how goes things with the womenfolk?

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

genass? hmm, we'll talk about stuff this weekend, smartass. wish me luck...in a few minutes, i'm off to...*dramatic music again* Intro to Logic!

oh yeah...be proud of me...i fixed a networking issue in my room all by myself :)

yeah, it was dumb luck.

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

teach & learn aus!!

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

but now my lappy won't get with the program on this wireless stuff...arg...i'll figure it out tomorrow.

15. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Was going to college for animation and programming but, that's on hold. :(

I'm probably going to New Orleans in a few months to get a job. I live in a small town in VA and there are [bold]no[/bold] jobs here for the college student...well, fast food but, $5.15-5.25/hr isn't sh*t when gasoline is $2.79/gl and the college I go to is about 20 miles from my home.

Atleast I got to enjoy one semester.

16. DrawingLS

DrawingLS Member

Wow, I haven't posted in forever. I'm in my second week of college. Just a little community college until I transfer. I'm going for a degree in Accounting and probably will eventually minor in Environmental Science. I'm actually leaving in about a half hour to go to Honors Shakespeare and I regret signing up for it too . . .

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it's only a semester and then you're free :)

18. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

What am i not allowed to be a smartass aus? lol when are you getting back? call me when you do, ill be over at redman's most likely.

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'll be back saturday afternoon at the latest. i'll call when i'm getting near hillsboro. lola will be busy from saturday night on, so i'm gonna hang with her a while first, but you and me better find some crazy [[bold]radio edit[/bold]] to do :)

20. DrawingLS

DrawingLS Member

Well Aus, I don't know whether we are leaving tonight or tomorrow night, but if you can hang out before 6 or 7 that would be good. I'll be home most of the day, so give me a call! I'll be doing mostly college homework today.