1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The College Crap Thread

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Auslander, Aug 28, 2006.

1. kinza

kinza Regular member

i got my SAT's back. there alright.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

something tells me that you wouldn't be happy, even with a perfect score.

3. kinza

kinza Regular member

haha, im not that nerdy now. i think a 2100 something would be good. the thing was that i sucked at the math and reading and did sweet at the writing, the part that's not that important. oh well. second time's a charm.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'm so happy i got to take the ACT instead...32 out of 36 was by no means bad ^.~

5. kinza

kinza Regular member

yea my counselor told me i should try both, but still one at a time. i got a 30 equivalent on the SAT.

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

nice. *claps hands* you make the ADers proud.

7. kinza

kinza Regular member

yay! woot woot. my goal is a 2180. that should be good for scholarsips

8. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

if youre gonna go as far as illinois, you should also consider university- missouri rolla. i think they are the second or third rated engineering school in the country. sont listen to aus bout mizzou. hes just biased. lol no rolla is a good school, but so is mizzou, i just likeot give him trouble about it cause im going to rolla. lol

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

we've been over this, justin. you're going to mizzou, even if i have to drag you behind my car down I-70. ^.~

there are lots of great schools in the midwest, in my opinion, kinza. especially in missouri. but then again, maybe justin and i just want to hang out with you :p

10. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

we have been over this very thing many times, but he wont listen to me when i tell him that im not going ot mizzou. lol

but yes there are a goodly amount of good schools here in the midwest. washu for medicine, rolla and mizzou for engineering(though rolla is better lol). and a few more that i cant recall at the moment.

11. escalante

escalante Regular member

I'm planning on being an electronic engineer. I live in Belize. There aren't any really good universities down here (for anything). Plan on going up to the US. Not really sure where to go though. Any advice? My father says I have to get at least a partial scholarship.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  12. kinza

kinza Regular member

go to the schools i have posted earlier, i also plan to major in electrical engineering. try OSU, they'll probably give you the most scholarship money.

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

well, semester 2 has started. I'm taking Physics 2750, Chem 1320 Honor, German 1100, and Math 2300 (calc III). to be honest, this semester will suck. all my instructors have some very thick accents and tend to move along without doing much explaining.

let's hear more about college. revive those brains! stroke the gray matter! (sounds dirty, eh?)

15. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

my new semester has started as well. but seeing as im not doing a full engineering degree anymore my class scheduale has changed a bit. im now doing engineering CAD program (Computer Aided Drafting)very fun, i get to work with computers and still work on design and all that. maybe not actually designing anything myself, but ill still be drawing up plans and such. and personally CAD is a fun program, then you get to solidworks and more advanced programs, then it really gets interesting. so anyway courses, right, college algebra, english comp 1, psychology (personal interest, nothing to do with the degree) and general chem. not as impresive as aus' scheduale, but i dont need all that other stuff. lol

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

My best to both of you! Do a good job while you're there; it's more important than you can yet know.

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

because if you don't i'll ban the both of you!!

18. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

@ polyarny -- do you live in the US or something? cos you say that CAD means computer aided drafting, bit in the UK it means computer aided drawing.

ooh... and my old graphics teacher was from australia, and he said that they called a plan, in an orthographic, bird's eye view.

so i was just wandering if this is something similar.

i can't wait to got to uni... this year, and then one more of school. then a gap year, and then off to uni to study architecture or design of some sort... just cos i rock im my product design class.

god... i must have mentioned that subject about 20 times on aD... just cos im so proud to be in it.

anyways... my hands are sore now (from typing)...

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

sounds like a fun schedule, though, polyarny. you better make some time the next weekend i'm back in town. :)

good to see you again, ger. don't worry, i'm working hard. and if i find out justin isn't, i'll kick his head in. XD

don't scare me like that, ddp! happy to hear you have our best interests in mind. ^.^

craig: yeah, he lives literally 15 minutes from my house. we went to high school together! go rest your hands. :p

20. billybob

billybob Regular member

Not at college, just secondary/high school. Sorry if this is irrelevant or something or other, but im tired and i thought id participate.

Well, got 5 months left of compulsory education, and i kinda understand nwo when people say they are the best years of our life.

It sucks now, you only really get to fully appreciate it when you know your not gonna have it. People that im not particularly close too, girls who its just a general flirt with....chances are never seeing them again, That sucks.

Ill reply tomorrow, right now, im giving into the mortal burden of sleep.......