1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Complete Guide and FAQ to making a XBOX GAME BACKUP! LOOK HERE BEFORE MAKING "How to..." THREADS!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Quadratic, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Julia27

Julia27 Member

where do I find a memory card?

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I'm not sure myself exactly what that does. The xbox is designed to load the game automatically.

You need to change your region settings from "Auto" to NTSC.

3. harlemkid

harlemkid Member

i was pretty sure i didnt i just wanted some reassurance. thank you

4. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

question on qwix... should you allways check the little box that says to crosslink files that are the same?

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

It is suggested that you do so.

6. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

Hey Fellas,
    Since my last post Ive been backing up my games with 100% succes from start to finish Thanks to you all. But just recently ive been having problems conecting to my xbox. Pop up says " Connection Error This could be caused by any of the following reasons:Your network connection is down. The host address is incorrect. The server you are attempting to connect with is not available.Click the Details button to view information from the connection log."

I cant seem to figure out why. My xbox ip:192.168.0.3, my pcs tcp/ip:192.168.0.2, but I noticed on ws_ftp pro that it has two different addresses, the first in the drop down is ftp://192.168.0.3/ the other is ftp://192.168.0.3/D/
    I dont know if that has anything to do with it. do I need to do anything with DNS? Any ideas?
    Thanks Paco

7. xboxjack

xboxjack Guest

were can i download these programs and my computer can conect to the xbox but i wont let me view the files in the xbox game

8. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

I'm still looking for some info on LOST CONNECTION when trying to ftp. I've done all that i can think of even REinstalling WS_FTP Pro. Is it possible for my XBOX to have somehow lost the ability to FTP. I'm open to any ideas.
    PACO

9. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

with regards to my last post: would I have to flash my xbox? If so since I had someoneelse mod my xbox what do I have to do and how do I flash my xbox. HELP
    paco

10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

@ paco..Those settings should work but reset the address in ws-ftp pro (good choice BTW) ?have you set up your nic for windows? (network connections..my network places etc..) also check things like passive mode and tho it shouldn't make a difference Qos packet sharing MUST be enabled..oherwise it's the hateful windows firewall again..just check all the settings everywhere again and it should come to life ..oh.. enable ftp in xbox dash

11. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

Janrock; Maybe I did miss something Im gonna do all that you said again and see what happens... Question: Is it possible for my xbox to somehow loose the ability to let me view (FTP) files even though everything else on my xbox & dash work fine???
    Thanks PACO

12. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Is your firewall on?

13. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

Hey Quad; I completely turned off my Norton anti virus and Norton internet security firewall and windows firewall. even though I have my Xbox patched directly to my PC with a crossover cable in its own nic card that I configured to allow full access with no firewall or any monitoring from my Norton or windows...I pulling what little hair I have left trying to find out what happen when all was going so well. Next possibility???
    PACO_1

14. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Maybe some hair got in your xbox :p

Did you change any settings on your xbox? Are you saying that one day it was fine and then the next day you couldn't? Does your xbox recognize your connection?

15. xboxjack

xboxjack Guest

Help i can easily FTP into my xbox and take the game files but i only get some lots don't copy over

16. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

What's happening is that you're using FlashFXP and that it isn't allowing you to transfer files over a certain character limit. This is a mechanism that is used to prevent more piracy. I use WS FTP Pro and have no problems transferring.

17. janrocks

janrocks Guest

@ paco...have you enabled passive mode (pasv) in flash fxp/whatever..try to get connected with windows first( clear everything and start from a clean slate), though sometimes a reboot solves these issues (pc&xbox)..I found a tut at www.geuex.be ?? (something like that) they host downloads for www.xbox4fun.com if I spelled it wrong...how's your french?? what info..(if any) are you getting about the connection..connected? speed? unplugged? you may need to clear the arp cache!!!!

I never noticed that problem with flash fxp re. character sizes/strings, maybe I'm just lucky with the transfers.. I use ws_ftp pro now as well,

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2005
  18. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

Quad how I wish it was just some HAIR that got into my xbox.
    No I have not changed any of my xbox settings. (NOT INTENTIONALY ANYWAY). My xbox does recognize my pc...And yes 1 day I was FTPing with NO problems and the next WS_FTP Pro can not connect...And to think Im 40 and I bet a 14 year old can fix my S@!# :(

19. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

Janrock; How do I set PASSIVE in WS_FTP Pro...On my pc when connected to my xbox I show: speed 100.0mbps, status connected. But ftp pro wont connect. I did uninstall and reinstall ftp pro, still nothing...On my xbox settings: TYPE Static, IP 192.168.0.3, LINE STATUS 100/full duplex, EATHERNET MAC ADDRESS 00:0D:3A:BE:99:5C, SETUP NETWORK YES, USE STATIC IP YES, SUBNETMASK 255.255.255.0, DEFAULT GATEWAY 192.168.0.1, DNS 194.63.248.1, DNS 217.13.7.140...
    Anybody see something wrong I dont???

20. xboxjack

xboxjack Guest

when i FTP into mine my defult gate way is set as nothing same as the D.N.S.