1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Complete Guide and FAQ to making a XBOX GAME BACKUP! LOOK HERE BEFORE MAKING "How to..." THREADS!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Quadratic, Dec 30, 2004.

1. SRGS

SRGS Member

Do l need to put the chip in before l can put games on to the xboxs harddrive

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Yes. Modifiying your xbox is required to do any copying or transfering of games.

3. SRGS

SRGS Member

hi whats a softmod and l live in austrila were is the best place to get a chip from

thanks Ross

4. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

A softmod is a way to modify your xbox without putting in a chip. As the name implies, it is a mod using only software.

A softmod mimics a hardmod, and will allow you to do all the same cool things, but using completely free software.

I softmodded my XBOX, and haven't looked back.

5. SRGS

SRGS Member

ok thanks were do u get the soft mod from and how to put it on to the xbox and if u put a new dasbord to you losse your data and do you need to put a new bios on too

thank ross

6. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

7. NwbSpank

NwbSpank Member

ive been following ur steps until the f drive part..i oonly have 5 FILES..the c..e...x..y..and z..no f or d on the right side of the flash fxp..i connected to my xbox but no f drive..i looked at my file manager and saw 0.00 mb in my f drive..it show up on my xbox but not on the pc..nedd HELP!!!!!

8. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

hi great tut... ive got all the stuff now and im trying to FTP and on flash FXP it just does the normal error thing. all my i.p settings are correct i know they are the xbox's i.p is 192.168.0.100 and i set my i.p. on the computer to 192.168.0.1. so anyways i tried using qwix and it said language text missing. can somebody help? oh and ive got a connection between my xbox and computer because when i turn on the xbox the local area connections thing pops up and says connected so...yeah please help!!!

9. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

It could be a firewall issue.

Make a rule to allow all traffic (incoming and outgoing) to the XBOX's ip.

That was my issue.

10. Killer44

Killer44 Member

I Need HELP!

I am using this dvd burner (http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&prodBlockOID=1611367421&expansionOID=-536892754) and DVD+RW disks. I made a halo 2 iso with Qwix then I burned the iso with Dvd Decrypter and I tried Nero. The disk doesn't read on my modded evox dashboard.

Am I using the wrong type of disk, do I need only DVD-R?
    Or am I doing somthing else wrong?

11. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

It look like that is ok but the DVD+RW that some xbox do not read.So try a DVD-R and it will work.(all my backups are dvd-r)
    What did you rip out of Halo 2 so it fits in your DVD?

12. bluejet

bluejet Regular member

Hi, im new at this whole burning thing and have a question. I have all the tools ready and I have my xbox connected via flashxp. Now in the tutorial it says click on the D: drive but I don't see it anywhere. I also have a game in there. Does anyone know what's wrong?

13. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

If your are connected from your xbox to your PC you have to see like 5 folders the F,C,D and more.(some times if you do not see the game in the D drive restart your xbox and then flashFXP and the game will be there)

14. liquid101

liquid101 Member

hi, im running evox with flashFXP ftp program and ive got the ftp work fine and the xbox and my pc is happy with it. the problem ive got is i cant transfer files over about 50mb (prob). i can tranfer a 3mb mp3 over but an ep of the simpsons 175mb doesnt work. can anyone tell me y it isnt working???? i just keep on getting transfer failed.

also and other question. ive just put a 300gb hard drive in my xbox and it says thats theres only like 131gb space on there. i know i need a tool or i have to do somthing. i just dont know wat.

if anyone can help i would be very grateful.

[noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  15. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

I do not know why you can not send big files to your xbox.
    If you get Slayer 2.6 for your xbox you can format the new HD and put some app and emus on it.

16. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Nobody reads anything... +RW..wasting your time. Every question there could ever possibly be has been answered in this thread already..many times over. Even my computer illiterate luddite friend can set up his ftp and back up his games using the info in this thread.. I bookmarked it on his computer... Instead of asking questions I suggest reading the info provided.. +rw doesn't work and the qwix problem is down to not ftp-ing the whole set of files..some have failed because of long filenames, or damage on the disk..

@juan..take out the end credits..lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2006
  17. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

liquid! no posting email addresses! :p

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

liquid101,

let's take a peek at the forum rules, posting email addies isn't allowed ;)

19. Culti

Culti Member

dude ive tried almost everything but i cant get the 9 folders to appear on the fxp it connects and then it says "connection lost attepmting to reconnect in 120seconds" i did everything you said and ive been trying for 4 hours. please help me i really want this

20. penner13

penner13 Guest

can i use a lg 16x double layer external dvd+/- rewriter from best buy to burn xbox games

model # gsa-2164d