1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Complete Guide and FAQ to making a XBOX GAME BACKUP! LOOK HERE BEFORE MAKING "How to..." THREADS!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Quadratic, Dec 30, 2004.

1. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

I think it has to do with your softmoded xbox. Go to a softmod thread for help.

2. gent7907

gent7907 Member

Alright I got it working. Must have been the media? Some reason it read better in his box which does not have a samsung drive. I burned it again and it worked granted it freezes (think this is a backup/xpe patch issue).

3. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

yes there is some dvd-r mediam that only work on some xbox's.
    I use Qwix to make the iso and do not patch the xpe.

4. pierrrre

pierrrre Member

Hi

I am trying to backup xbox game using a Samsung drive with Kreon .81 firmware. I read so much my head is spinning. So many diferent software and method, it is amazing. Last weekend I modded my xbox 1.6 with the DuoX lite modchip and installed the slayer 2.7 dashboard (at least I think I did). I inserted the slayer dashboard dvd I burned and click install on manufacturer HD. Files were copied for a minute or so and the screen went back to the install screen.

Anyway...

For the last two evenings I tried for the first time to back up an xbox game (Fable). After trying several methods, I finally settled for the extract with XBOX backup creator 2.4/patch and create ISO with Craktion 4.0 and; burn with Nero method. It produced the closest to a working XBOX game I ever got to. It boots and start loading but when the loading is at 99.9% done, I get and error saying that my game has a problem and the disk is either scratch or damage. When I insert the original, everything works OK.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this error, beside a scratch or damage disk...? and also to stop my head from spinning, is the method I am using OK or is there better one out there?

5. gent7907

gent7907 Member

Fable
    Problem: Game does not work from DVD when backed up with Craxtion 4.
    Solution: Use Craxtion 3 or Qwix to back up game.
    Fixed by: I dunno. Me?

This was taken from

6. pierrrre

pierrrre Member

Thanks Gent7907

I used Qwix to create the ISO and it worked great. At least now I know that the chip works.

Thanks again

7. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

That is why I use Qwix only.(all the time)

8. miker3x

miker3x Guest

9. miker3x

miker3x Guest

10. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

miker3x why didn't you edit your last post.

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

miker3x,

Next time use the edit function if yours is the last post in the thread.

12. 2THPIC

2THPIC Member

ok, i'm completely new to the mod thing. i was woundering if there's any one that would mod my xbox for me? it is not a 360 just the basic black box. like i said i'm new, so if this type question is not allowed here i'm sorry. if it is allowed please let me know if you would mod my xbox so i can backup my games, please. i live in arkansas.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  13. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

2THPIC why did you quote all of that to tell us you want some one to mod your xbox? (this is not a thread for that) search

14. 2THPIC

2THPIC Member

like i said im new. any ways is there any one here that lives in arkansas that could mod my xbox for me? sorry about qouting all of that message.:-( if theres andy one here that could help please let me know.

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

2THPIC, I fixed your post for you.

16. 2THPIC

2THPIC Member

Thanks for that. now if i can get someoone to mod my xbox i'll be set.

17. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

2THPIC try to search for a place that does that work.

18. dsd1977

dsd1977 Guest

hi i am also new to the xbox, i am trying VERY HARD to back up some games. I have followed all of Quadratic's instructions on how to do it. I have a modded xbox, i have installed slayers auto installer with the evox dash,i have downloaded Ipswich WS_FTP Professional and CloneXB. I went out and purchased a crossover cable and an ethernet cable because BOTH have been mentioned. I have set up my xbox's ip as static and followed the exact instructions for the ip and the subnet mask on my pc and xbox. I AM UNABLE TO ESTABLISH A CONNECTION BETWEEN MY XBOX AND MY PC!!!! I have tried using both the cables but i always end up with thw same result: " error: No connection". What have i overlooked? What have i done wrong?
    Does slayers auto installer flash my bios automatically or do i do it manually? If i have to do it myself ill need some instructions because i have no idea what option i shold choose from the dashboard for flashing. Which cable am i SUPPOSED TO use, Ethernet or Crossover? Some body help!!! PLEASE!

19. xboxjack

xboxjack Guest

i think it's WS_FTP i tried that first i didn't work so i moved on to flash fxp try that you should also use craxtion or qwix instead of clone xb craxtion needs .net framework also have you configured your computers ip if that is done make sure ftp is enabled on your xbox to do this go into xbox settings and find network or ftp then make sure it has enable: yes and your password if you change the password remember to re-enter it to your ftp client good luck!

20. xboxjack

xboxjack Guest