1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Complete Guide and FAQ to making a XBOX GAME BACKUP! LOOK HERE BEFORE MAKING "How to..." THREADS!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Quadratic, Dec 30, 2004.

1. dsd1977

dsd1977 Guest

O.K ive gotten as far as ftping into my xbox using FlashFXP.
    I was transferring fight night round 3 from D: to a folder on my PC. I transferred 1.3gig out of about 2.5gig without any problems, until I got this error message:

421- No More Users Allowed.
    Connection failed (Connection lost)
    Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
    Connecting to my xbox -> IP=192.168.1.200 PORT=21 (attempt # 1)
    Connected to my xbox
    Error: 10054: Connection reset by peer
    Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #2
    Connecting to my xbox -> IP=192.168.1.200 PORT=21 (attempt # 2)
    Connected to my xbox
    Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #3
    Connecting to my xbox -> IP=192.168.1.200 PORT=21 (attempt # 3)
    Connected to my xbox
    Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #4

I thought it may be a firewall prob. I have Norton and i disabled the firewall, but after 1 hr it turned itself back on again.(I thought 1hr would have been enough time to complete the transfer)

I turned off the firewall again but i keep getting the same message??

2. dsd1977

dsd1977 Guest

Hello?.... Anyone there?....

This is a xbox backup thread, isnt it?...
    Were are all the experts when you need them?

Please can someone help with my queries?....
    Anyone?... Hellloooo.....(echo, cold breese, tumbleweed blows past....)

3. M4DM4RK

M4DM4RK Guest

hi i tried to backup games for a few days now, but no succes. Then i thought, maybe its because i softmoded my xbox and i didnt put a chip, but when i searched the internet, its say i should be able to play. Can someone tell me what my xbox needs to play backedup games. thx alot. Oh and if theres plp expert in dashboards can u look at my thread it would be very helpful.-->

4. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

Did all of you look at the first page here before posting?

5. Dodat

Dodat Guest

Hey Juan----------

I have spent an entire day reading this tutorial and I honestly cant find anyone that has had my problem. I have softmodded my xbox some time ago but never really had a need to backup games. For I am a N64 fanatic. But recently the children destroyed Shrek super slam. luckily I was able to download a nero image of the game. Burnt it and it plays flawlessly. As well as T3 Redemtion. Which brings me to one of my two part questions/problems. I am using SmartFTP. Which I have used since the successful mod. The problem is that number one I'm not sure if this is a problem, but it just seems weird to me. It's weird that when I ftp my xdrive which look like a successful FTP. (no problems) The files ftp'd to the pc are not the same size as the files on xbox d: drive I haven't yet got to use an xiso tool becuse this seems to be my ghost in the machine. Tell me what am I doing wrong.

Next problem I've gotten my paws on a iso copy of Ultimate Marlve heros problem is that the image it self is broken into 29 47mb rar files. What do I do with it????

Thanks in advance
    DODAT

6. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

Dodat are you FTPing a game?
    try the other apps that they tell you.

you do not know what to do with the 29 rar files?
    Use Winrar to extract it. (only extract one file)

7. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

This I going to be a stupid question. But here it goes. When you say that you need a modded Xbox to backup games does that mean you have to have a mod chip or can it be "soft modded"? (such a stupid question I know)

please answer me with hurting my feelings to bad. it took a lot of guts to ask that stupid ass question!

8. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

This Is going to be a stupid question. But here it goes. When you say that you need a modded Xbox to backup games does that mean you have to have a mod chip or can it be "soft modded"? (such a stupid question I know)

please answer me with hurting my feelings to bad. it took a lot of guts to ask that stupid ass question!

9. ryan_88

ryan_88 Member

has to be a hardware mod

no worries mate

as a wise man once said:

"he who asks is a fool for a minute, he who doesn't ask is a fool for life!"

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  10. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No it doesn't! It can be softmodded!

Now who feels stupid...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  11. Finn_Bell

Finn_Bell Member

Hi all,

this is my first post and I apoligize in advance if it´s a repeated issue, I looke around on this and several threts but couln´t find what I need you to ask.

My question is about loading games into my xbox HD

I have a mooded x-box, and saving games into my HD with dvd2xbox always worked fine, but since a few weeks dvd2xbox started having problems to recognize the games, now it just simply doesn´t read them at all and I get a meesage saying "unknown disc" same for DVD movies.

I updated the dvd2xbox with the V- 7,6 (i think) and it doesn´t work.

The strange stuff is that xboxMedia center doesn´t recognize the games eitehr or I can´t launch the games from the xbox desktop. The only way I can make my xbox to play a Game or DVD is to start it without the mood chip active (green light) , on the normal xbox desktop (so its´not a harware problem)

Does anyone knows if I have tu update something elses besides the dvd2box app? in order to make my xbox to read games and DVDs again?

thanks a lot for you answers and again sorry if this is a repeted question.

Best!

12. deadlove

deadlove Guest

Basics.. do you have enough space on your drive? You normally will not get an error with a full partition but files will get overwritten/corrupted. Your dash should report drive free space.

Otherwise try clearing the contents of E:\cache and delete any files lurking on x,y,z and see if that makes a difference. Of course all this is pointless if your laser is dying.. try the guides at llamma.com if this seems to be the issue.

p.s... go for it chunks.. lmao!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2007
  13. Finn_Bell

Finn_Bell Member

Thanks deadlove,

Well, I have enough space in HD and I already clear the E:/cache and x,y,z. but I still can´t solve the problem.

I´m almost sure isn´t the laser or so, ´cos if I start the xbox with the mood-chip switched off then I can still play a DVD or a game. Eventhough I´ll clean the laser and see the result.

thanks a lot

best!

14. hutchiboi

hutchiboi Member

There is a way to play copied/backupped games without having a chiped xbox. You can go onto www.itchycats.com and subscribe and then you download the games from their website. You have to have a Hitachi-LG Drive in your xbox. You can then transfer the game by using something like CloneDvd. Then copy the game onto a dual-layer dvd disk and pop it in your xbox and there's the game saves time and a lot of money.

15. pulserock

pulserock Member

Hey my box says this disk is damaged or dirty after i followed ur instructions... every single detail...

im using XBOX-EVOX DASHBOARD

VISTA

DVD-R for the bkup disc

decryptor,

HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. dpop28

dpop28 Member

need to find out if the d drive you are talking about is on xbox or pc and we cant get it to show up on pc after plugging in crosover cable

17. pulserock

pulserock Member

Hey guys, My box is saying, when i launch burned game, Disc is dirty or damaged... I followed all ur steps, Anyways HELP!!!!!!

XBOX= EVOX DASHBOARD

OS=VISTA BASIC

NETWORK=XBOX>HUB-MODEM<COMP

REPLY BCK!!!

18. dide_101

dide_101 Member

Situation:
    I tried to back up chaos theory for the xbox but it's too big so I went to magic ISO and compressed the large iso into a .uif

Question:
    Will this still work for the xbox or will this be a waste of a dvd

19. dide_101

dide_101 Member

20. varnull

varnull Guest

Waste of a disk.. open the folder with the game files with qwix and select "crosslink identical files" then use it to make the xiso.. it will come out at just the right size.