1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Complete Guide and FAQ to making a XBOX GAME BACKUP! LOOK HERE BEFORE MAKING "How to..." THREADS!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Quadratic, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

De nada amigo :)

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Paco, what are your FTP settings? When you FTP, make sure you FTP into the number your xbox is displaying. So if it's 192.68.0.3, then use that in the FTP program. Also, use the standard xbox FTP settings for the username and password. They are: name: xbox;pass: xbox.

3. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

quad; my xbox is showing me 2 ip's one comes up when i turn on both pc and xbox its 192.168.13 but the other one is always there 192.168.1.200. also when i turn my ip to static it reverts when i leave that screen

paco

4. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

on my xbox "settings/info" screen it shows the following shows:
    type dhcp
    ip 192.168.1.13
    line status 100/full duplex
    ethernet mac address 00:0d:3a:be:99:5c
    "the above 4 items are highlighted in blu"
    setup network yes
    use static ip no
    ip 192.168.1.200
    subnetmask 255.255.255.0
    default gateway 192.168.1.1
    dns 194.63.248.1
    dns 217.13.7.140
    setup delay 5

what other info can i send you to see if you or anyone can help me
    paco

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Make Static IP=Yes. Go all the way to the bottom, click "Save and Exit"

Two I.P. addresses....that doesn't make sense. Change it to static and see what it does. If it's still the same, you may have to edit your evox.ini file.

6. joschez

joschez Regular member

your FTP set up should look something like this

[​IMG]

7. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

quad & jos; every time i turn static to yes there is no option to save and exit and when i do leave that screan static goes back to no. yes 2 ip addresses and i have NNNOOOOO idea how to edit my xbox evo settings. i know it has to be something very simple i just cant pinpoint it. what info from my xbox can i send you that might give you an idea of whats wrong and possibly how to fix it? and those are the settings i put into my ftp program....
    thanks for all so far, hope you guys can hang in there with me till i (we) figure this out..
    paco

8. rocky72

rocky72 Member

having trouble getting my computer to recognize the xbox. can anyone help?

i read Quadratic's great post. i get stuck here:

3. Getting the Game Files Now, go in FlashFXP (or whatever FTP program you have), and make a new site called "XBOX" or whatever you prefer. For the I.P., type in 192.168.0.3, and for the username type xbox, and for the password type xbox. Now, you should be able to connect. You should see 7 folders. If you have a game in, that's excellent. If you don't, put one in. Wait for a few minutes, and click on the D: drive.

thanks

9. cpbox1

cpbox1 Member

Hi Paco

Taking step by sep - aplogies if this is at too low a level.

Firstly check your Computer Network settings - set up as described in the original post.

Go to your network settings on the PC:

1. Start > Settings > Network
    2. Find the Local Area Connection - or create a new one
    3. Go to the Properties (Right Click on the Icon and select Properties), on the General tab check the box "Show Icon in taskbar when connected" - it is useful to have this on
    4. Select he option in the list for the "Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)" and click on the Properties button
    5. Select the Radio button for "Use the following IP address:" and enter the value 192.168.0.1 - your subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0 this will auto fill - if not add this value - then click on OK - Go back and make sure the settings have been saved.

On your taskbar in the bottom right hand area you should have a network icon "looks like 2 PC's" this will indicate if you have a network connection. - related to step 3.

OK now for your XBOX - firstly you mention you have a modded xbox but not what type (soft or hard) if hard what type of chip?

On my XBOX I have the Xenium - on bootup with this chip I have a menu option which allows me to check my Network settings and change them. Check if you have this option on your chip - you are looking for SEttings and Network or Network and then Settings. you should be able to change your setting through here. (someone will correct me if I am wrong here but in my case I had to change my settings here)

Set your XBOX IP to 192.168.0.2 or 192.168.0.3

When you connect your crossover cable from PC to your Xbox - Switch on your Xbox (I will take it your PC is on and booted up) - boot onto the Non MS dashboard - in my case EVOX and look at the icon on your PC for the network connection - it should be active - if you mouse over it or click on it, it should say connected and give you a connection time amd speed.

IF you do not see this - check the steps again.

Once you have a connection you can now look at using an FTP application to copy files to and from your XBOX.

Rocky - I found that FlashFXP did not work for me - and others have similar problems - try another program. I suggest "ws ftp pro 9" this is what I am using.

To make an connection with WS ftp pro 9

1. Click on File > connection > Connecton wizard
    2. When the Wizard launches > Site Name: Xbox > click on next
    3. Server Address: 192.168.0.3
    Note this has to be the correct IP address you have on your XBOX the above address is the IP address I am using - check what IP address your XBOX is using
    4. User Name: xbox, Password: xbox
    5. Connection Type: FTP
    6. "there is a check box checked "Connect to this Site" leave checked and then Click on Finish
    7. On the Right hand window you will have a Tab called Xbox and you should see the Folders\Directories on your Xbox.

That should be you done.

I have gone through all this pain and if any of the above steps are incorrect you will not get a connection - step through these and verify your settings at each stage.

Hope this helps

CPB

10. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

hey CPBOX1;

my xbox is hard modded with the executer2 chip, running slayers evo-x 2.6
    i did everything EXACTLY the way you, Quad & Jos said but for some D*@ reason i can not connect to my xbox. yes the icon on my tool bar says connect when i turn on the xbox but when i go to ftp it using "ipswitch WS_FTP Pro 9.01" it pops up and says "UH OH"
    The sad part about all this is i know it has to be something really simple.
    can you guys think of anything else that it could posibly be that it stopping me from FTPing. i am open to ANY suguestions. I have all the programs you mentioned...
    note: on my xbox dash board i do not have a D drive it shows me E,f,g

paco

11. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

i dont know why it shot my post out there 3 times

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I fixed it for ya ;)

13. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

Quadratic, Joschez and CPBOX1:
    YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you all ssoooo very much, i got it working now.
    for every one else out there these 3 KNOW what thier talking about....

again thank you very much
    paco

14. joschez

joschez Regular member

Any time.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  15. rocky72

rocky72 Member

thanks cpbox1. figured it out. ws ftp pro is great and i changed the cable. it worked.

16. dbonehead

dbonehead Member

Alright all you NEWBIES out there listen and listen carefully. I have been trying for about a month to FTP from XBOX to PC and today i finally did just that. I successfully backed up AMPED 2!!!!! Make sure your IP ISN'T STATIC.......set it to 'NO'. That is the only thing I was doing wrong. Follow every other step as set. but make sure your firewall is off on your PC and your XBOX's IP is NOT STATIC.
    Also some of you may not realise you can scroll down on your settings page on your XBOX. It's an honest mistake....just set your settings then scroll all the way down the bottom (by pressing down on your controller) and click on SAVE AND EXIT.
    Honestly it is very easy, if I can do it anyone can. It only took an hour to backup AMPED2. Stick with it NEWBIES!!!!

17. joschez

joschez Regular member

ws ftp pro is nice, I like the fact that it tells you how much time left for the transfer. Thanks Quadratic for the info.

dbonehead, I don't have to turn my firewall off. My Static IP address on my xbox is on. That is great that works for you the way you explained it. But It works different for everyone.

18. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

whats up fellas?

i am now able to ftp thanks to you guys but when i click on the "D" like discribed i find more subfolders with other icons. once i click on D do i drag n drop all the subfolders "CLOSED" aswell or do i have to "OPEN" each/all the subfollder and drag n drop everything in them aswaell: game im presently working with is SPLINTER CELL: PANDORA TOMORROW.

also i have ipswitch ws ftp pro and gdfimage with a gui but when i launch the gui it says it can not find GDFIMAGE.EXE, is there a particular way im to install these programs?

thanks
    paco

19. joschez

joschez Regular member

Paco_1, all I do when I transfer is click on the "D" folder of my xbox, and then I select all the subfolders that are inside the "D" folder. I hope that works for you.

20. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

joschez;
    i understand that part about getting to d follder.I just cant get gdfimage to work. maybe im not useing it right. please i do not mind a step by step on how to get gdfimage with gui to do what its surpose to do....i swear doing my ps2 was a wet dream compared to doing my xbox, atleast for me.

thanks paco