1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Complete Guide and FAQ to making a XBOX GAME BACKUP! LOOK HERE BEFORE MAKING "How to..." THREADS!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Quadratic, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

1) When using a GUI for GDFIMAGE, you have to copy or move GDFIMAGE into the program directory of the GUI.

2) When you enter the D: Drive of your xbox, highlight everything, and drag it over. Entering each folder and dragging isn't necessary.

2. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

thanks quad;
    i didnt know they had to be in the same program follder
    paco

3. joschez

joschez Regular member

Sorry Paco, I could not explain myself better, but that is exactly what I meant, (Quadratic) expalined it better.

4. rocky72

rocky72 Member

you can use craxtion 4 to move files too. it takes longer than ws ftp pro, but i like it better. then make an iso right there.

5. sh1tsalad

sh1tsalad Member

hey guys, just need help with one thing... I get the files onto my pc just fine, ive created 2 isos with quix and gdfi image. I burn with nero at 2x and i make sure to finalize. however, the game will not read in my xbox. it just says initalizing forever. sometimes it will even say the tray is still open. any ideas?

6. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

Whats up guys?
    Well before I called out for help I first tryed and tryed over and over but I cant seem to get from gdfimage to DVD Decrypter. This is what Ive been doing:
    First I launch gdfimage gui. pop up says "GDFIMAGE.EXE not found in G:\GDFIMAGE\gdfimage\folder!". then I click OK, a nother pop up "Game Disc Format GUI. Step 1 of 2 Select the folder you want to convert to XDFS File System. I look for the file where my game is (XBOX Folder on my desktop) I click next; Step 2 of 2 I click convert. it says "XBOX ISO Image successfully created! I click OK. then I launch DVD Decrypter. select the file. pop up says "GGS-SCCT.iso file not found"
    What am I doing wrong??????
    Thank You
    PACO

7. bobbyfree

bobbyfree Guest

I use GDFimage w/gui interface. You can find it on bearshare. Makes great xisos. Anybody got any tips on shrinking that new ninja gaiden? I took out dashupdate.xbe, downloader.xbe, update.xbe, and a couple of demos but it's still pwards of 5.5 gigs.

8. bobbyfree

bobbyfree Guest

I use GDFimage w/gui interface. You can find it on bearshare. Makes great xisos. Anybody got any tips on shrinking that new ninja gaiden? I took out dashupdate.xbe, downloader.xbe, update.xbe, and a couple of demos but it's still pwards of 5.5 gigs.

9. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

Go to balugabutt.com it will tell you what to delete to make it 4.7GB. You can delete the movies that have the same name but a j on the end.

10. shaggy15

shaggy15 Member

When i try to connect to the xbox site using WS_FTP Pro, it gives me a connection error and it says that it could be caused by: 1) your network connection is down 2)the host address is incorrrect 3) the server you are trying to connect is not available. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem??
    please help me
    thanks

11. shaggy15

shaggy15 Member

what do i put in for the host name?

12. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

SHAGGY
    the host name reffers to "IP Address".
    go back to Quads step by step and when it calls for host name it means IP Address. thats all.
    If Im wrong Please someone correct me
    PACO

13. sh1tsalad

sh1tsalad Member

I did something a little different to connect to my xbox and I think it might help those having trouble. Instead of changing the default gateway on my computer to match the xbox's, I changed it on the xbox to the subnet on my computer. To find yours, open command prompt (Start -> run -> cmd) and type "ipconfig." For example, my gateway is 192.168.1.1, so I just put that in the xbox. Then for the xbox's ip I used 192.168.1.3, and presto it worked, beautifully I might add. Doing it the way this guide shows not only didn't work for me, it also terminated my internet connection until I changed the settings back to what they were. Also, don't just change the settings and reboot or go back to the dash, go all the way down the menu and press save and exit. Hope I helped someone who's been having trouble.

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  14. bobbyfree

bobbyfree Guest

Hey Paco. I just ead your problem from 4/ If it's not too late, when you are in step2/2 BEFORE you hit conver.t you hit that little button with the dots. It takes you to a screen where you enter the name of the completed iso, and your destination. Afterwards hit save and it takes you back to main screen. That's when you hit convert. It shuuld take a while once you hit convert so just let it work. It will tell you when its done. Sorry I didn't read your question more carefully earlier.if your still confused skype me @ bobbyfree717

15. Daniel408

Daniel408 Member

ok so i'm starting to get there with this backup thing but when it comes to burning them how do you know what the xbox live files are and if it doesn't have them how do you make the iso smaller to fit onto a normal sive dvd+r.
    cheers

16. cracadon

cracadon Member

hey, can anyone help me out..whenever I try extracting my .rar files with winrar, I get this error message saying "filename"....header is corrupt. This has happened to all my torrent files, so I dont know how to extract them and burn them

17. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

ok on the first page it says that after i rip the game i reboot when im useing dvd2xbox. after i reboot do i have to do anything else or can i play it right then? and if i can how do i play it?

18. fknhstile

fknhstile Member

question yall,
    can you use the ftp pgm in windows to transfer files in and out of xbox???

19. fknhstile

fknhstile Member

i was also wondering which bios should i acquire, i have ordered an Xecuter 3 chip w/a version 1.0 box???? ne suggestions??

20. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

i would get the x3_3029.bin bios. it works great. i would also sugest usein avalaunch dashboard. i use them both with my x3 and have never had any problems with mine. talk to you later:)
    pacman33