1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Complete Guide and FAQ to making a XBOX GAME BACKUP! LOOK HERE BEFORE MAKING "How to..." THREADS!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Quadratic, Dec 30, 2004.

1. jadude

jadude Member

I made a topic about this as well, but just in case no one answers, here goes.

[​IMG]

I have an Xbox game on my comp in these filetypes (If you can't see in the screen capture the filetypes are like "a51x-dgr.006")

Now, usually when I have filetypes ending in .00#, I just right click it and use WinRAR to extract them all to an iso, but when I right click these it says "add to Archive" and when I do, it puts it in a RAR format and when I extract the files from the RAR, it's just the files I started with. I'm having this problem on two games. Please help.

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  2. 11bob11

11bob11 Member

I have Craxtion 4 and xbox with Evox chip i want 2 conect the two its not working i did not install the Evox chip my self can i still get 2 the ip please help?

3. ant36

ant36 Member

Following your tutorials I've succesfully connected via smart ftp to my xbox and even found the files I ripped to the hard drive,however,they won't let me drag and drop them to the folder on the desktop,which I feel is most un-cooperative of them(I put them on the E drive),is it the ftp program I'm using as to why the little sods are not co-operating or something else?

4. bobbyfree

bobbyfree Guest

ant36, what you need to do is right click on the files you want and then from the drop down menu select download, download direct, and select folder. Then just select the folder on your pc where you want the files to go.

5. ant36

ant36 Member

I tried that too mate,unfortunatly that didn't work either.

Got it,I turned on the comp and the xbox this morning and everything was there and dragged over fine,got me stuffed as I'd shut down and restarted both numerous times last night.

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  6. ant36

ant36 Member

My problem now is that after creating the iso I get a corrupt message when I try to open thr rar file,I'm using the latest winrar.

Still the same problem,no matter what program I use,I have the files on my pc hard drive,qwix tells me the iso is completed succesfully but when I try to open the rar file it creates I just get a damaged archive message or similar.I've done this a dozen times today and the result is always the same.

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  7. jizac2

jizac2 Member

@jadude
    Hi, I Don't know ur level of savy so i say this in noobie speak... First those files ur talking bout were made with winrar 3.20 or above so you should have winrar version 3.20 or higher to extract them...

OK first make sure all the files are in the same or it's own directory before u start.

If the file is going to be larger than x.GB u must have NTFS file system. Fat32 doesn't support larger than x.GB filesize.

OK Open Winrar first... after it is open using the little arrow on the left side to go up a level, navigate to the folder where you have the file types ending in .00#,blah blah blah.

Then with your mouse highlight or right button mouse-click >> "select all" (except the top folder) >>> Then use the "extract to" Icon on winrars toolbar, after you click it a display box will pop up... simply choose "OK". then the files will begin extracting & will be in an additional folder where you started from in the first step. Hope this helps, lates, jiz

""non newbie speak & if ur familar"" with using winrar/nero but the (right click isn't there) ''extract to'' on the contect menu.

Open winrar & navigate to the dir where the files are located, "select all" "extract to" done deal. :lol:

Hope it helps at least one person, lates, jizac_aka_lickablepig

Last edited: Jun 1, 2005
  8. ant36

ant36 Member

I guess I should have said that I'm running xp pro,and the winrar version is 3.42,I extremely familiar with pretty much anything to do with a comp(I build them for a living),that being said when it comes to xbox I havn't a bloody clue,as for the rar files,they just won't open,everytime I try to extract,I get a corrupt message,I've tried xiso,craction and qwix.

If I try to open the files from winrar console I get a 'no archives' message,right clicking and a properties inspection gives me a size of almost 4gigs.

ok,I've tried everything but gdfimage and that because I can't find a decent GUI for it.

here's what I'm doing:
    I have the latest winrar and all the other tools mentioned in the all the tutorials I can find.
    I can ftp into my xbox with no problems at all using smart ftp,I can get the files to my desktop in a folder with no problems.
    Then I've been firing up qwix (or one of the others) and telling it to make an iso,it goes through the process and reports NO errors.
    I then attempt to open the rar file it makes and I get an archive error message,if I try to open it with the winrar interface I get a no files in archive message,but a properties check reports the file at 3.90 gigs.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2005
  9. monkey8

monkey8 Member

Just want to know which are the Live file to delete in order to fit it into DVDr??

10. wickedn

wickedn Guest

11. wickedn

wickedn Guest

12. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

[bold]ant36[/bold]

You CAN'T open the .iso once you've created it (at least not with WinRAR). You'll have to use a program that will let you view/extract it, like Craxtion.

Don't worry. 9/10 it's perfectly fine.

13. CaperPC

CaperPC Guest

Hey bobbyfree...I fortunately downloaded Ninja Gaiden off a torrent site and works awesome...but I ran into that same prob with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory...When I backed up a copy of my original the files were like over 5 gig's. I tried to look where I could trimm the fat so-to-speak and deleted all the Pal vids..which I cannot view anyway..that put me a sliver over the mark when I tried to create the .iso. BUT the prog I use for making my .iso's has a check box to Automatically cross-link identical files...when I used that it saved me even more room ..now I can enjoy my newly burnt copy if I ever lose or break my original. Hope that helps ya.

14. CaperPC

CaperPC Guest

crap...sorry I forgot..the prog is Quix

15. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

Well failer after failer with frustration trying to get past step 4 MAKING an xISO in Quad's detailed (yes i have ALL the hardware & ALL the software) instructions has lead me to ask: Please at this point TREAT me like a know nothing child and give me step by step instructions regarding STEP 4: Making an xISO. From installing GDFIMAGE and the GUI to converting the files. I hate to sound like a dumby but thats where i'm at now. If not; Anybody know where I can find good quality backed up games???
    Thanks
    Frustrated PACO_1

16. CaperPC

CaperPC Guest

Im at work now...but here are the quik and dirty specifics....
    >>ftp to the xbox...
    >>create a folder on the pc c:\xbox (for example)
    >>simply drag the "entire" contents of the xbox "/D " drive to c:\xbox
    assuming there is a game in the dvdrom drive...there is really no need to extract to the xbox hdd...
    depending on the size this will take some minutes...
    >>open quix +++I've always had success with this+++
    >>browse for local folder and point to c:\xbox
    >>click on ..create iso
    >>choose save location and give a name ie xbox.iso
    ...done

17. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

[bold]Paco[/bold]:

I'm failing to understand your exact problem. Do you have a problem with GDFIMAGE & the GUI, or is it that it won't let you make an xISO on your computer?

18. PACO_1

PACO_1 Member

Quad,
    GDFIMAGE with GUI just for some dam reason wont work for me on my PC. I even had BOBBYFREE on line with me trying to get it to work.
    Even he couldnt understand why it wouldnt work for me, BUT he gave me a program that ROCKS... It makes xISO's in a snap and i cant be more satisfied. A BIG SHOUT OUT TO BOBBY, Thanks... Thank you quad for all youve given...On a lighter note.. Im trying to backup Unreal Championship 2. I deleated what needed to be deleated but after 6 dvd caosters I still get the same message on my xbox when i go to play it " THE DISC IS DAMAGED OR DIRTY" Also backingup Splinter cell: Chaos Theory. What can I deleat so it could fit on to dvd?
    paco_1

19. CaperPC

CaperPC Guest

depending on your region delete the vids..
    if your in the pal delete the video folder then create iso
    if you in the nstc delete the videopal folder then create the iso
    i needed a little more or should i say less room when i backed mine up
    i used quix and had to chek the box for linkin identical files...
    iso fit like a glove
    hth

20. atlplaya

atlplaya Guest

can u burn games to a DVD5 using a CD burner?