1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The complete HD (Blu-ray/HD-DVD) back-up thread.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Ryu77, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

AnyDVD-HD will remove any region coding.

2. SupDuper

SupDuper Member

I see... So, using the procedures you announced, I could rip the Blu-Ray disk to a single file that the PS3 could read, right?

Guess, I'll have to find a Blu-Ray drive for my PC and an external Harddrive for my PS3, then. :)

3. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

Okay I'm at the point i need to encode my video.I'm using Nero recode but my video is(Blu-Ray) VC-1.What do i need to do to get Nero recode to see my video file so i can encode it?

If i put my(Blu-Ray)VC-1 file into Mkv would this let Nero see the file & let me encode it.I have tried RipBot264 but for some reason my files come out to small after encoding & i have tried Megui but i can't use that program.So Nero is my only source i can use to encode my video....Thx.

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  4. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

MeGUI is your best choice. Learning to use it would be rewarding. However a workaround with Nero Recode is that you will need to learn how to frameserve with AVIsynth. For some strange reason though when you try to open a AVIsynth script directly from the Nero Recode browser, it won't work. You will need to drag and drop the script into the Recode window.

5. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Your video file has used too many reference frames. Your only option is to re-encode the video.

Thank you for the compliments. I do try to help as much as I can. It's in my nature to help others.

As Odin said, a quad core will encode a lot faster. I remember someone stating that they had the x264 codec running through MeGUI and it was using 100% of all four cores. :)

I would not recommend overburning as from what I understand it could potentially damage your drive.

6. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Thank you for the compliments. I do try to help as much as I can. It's in my nature to help others.

As Odin said, a quad core will encode a lot faster. I remember someone stating that they had the x264 codec running through MeGUI and it was using 100% of all four cores. :)

I would not recommend overburning as from what I understand it could potentially damage your drive.[/quote]

I do have a quad core, a 2 hour movie using AVISynth/Megui takes about an hour and a half.

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  7. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Ryu, or anyone that can help.

I want to try the Blu Ray profile for MeGui but I'm not sure what to do with this file or where to put it:

x264_hrd.patch file

I tried using the profile once but an error came up saying "C:\Program Files\megui\tools\x264\x264.exe: unknown option -- nal-hrd"

And what is the difference between the two profiles SA BluRay and SA BluRay Fast?

Thanks,

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  8. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Odin, you need to put the extracted xml profile files into the profiles/video folder in the MeGUI installation directory. The difference between those two profiles is that one is optimised for speed, the other for quality.

If you want to use a profile that has been tweaked for even higher quality, you can download my Blu-ray profile here: http://www.mediafire.com/?cwfmxomah0r.

9. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Thanks Ryu, but you didn't address my first question; What do i do with the x264_hrd.patch file?

EDIT: I just realised it doesn't really look like a question... but it was. Come on man... what's wrong with your mind readin' skills!

10. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

I don't understand exactly what you want to know. That file is the actual x264 encoder, it's not a profile file. You need to point to it in the MeGUI "Settings/Program Paths" tab.

Back to the profiles, extract the XML profile file then place it in the "profiles/video" folder and you will be able to select that profile from the video section on the main window in MeGUI.

11. odin24

odin24 Regular member

I have the three profiles loaded, megui sees them. I have the x264.exe path configured, that was never an issue. I don't understand what to do with the x264_hrd.patch file. I try to encode a mkv video using your profile but I get an error saying "Unknown Option: nal-hrd"

I grabbed this from a different forum on the same topic, does this have to do with what I'm trying to do. If so I have no idea what it means.

Quote:
    svn co svn://svn.videolan.org/x264/trunk x264
    cd x264
    wget http://lists.videolan.org/attachs/20070107/x264_hrd.patch
    patch -p0 < x264_hrd.patch
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-debug --enable-pthread
    make
    make install

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question. Is there a patched version of x264.exe or do I have to apply the patch to the current version(rev839)?

12. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Odin, I would recommend running the update function in MeGUI and/or downloading the latest versions of the MeGUI core and the x264 encoder.

13. odin24

odin24 Regular member

I think I have the latest x264 and whenever I try to update in Megui everything fails to download... could that be that Windows is blocking Megui from accessing the internet (just thought of that while typing). I gonna check that one out after work... 7am EST 5/06.

What is the latest version MeGUI?

14. odin24

odin24 Regular member

I stil cannot get MeGUI to automatically update, oh well. I just went to http://megui.org/auto/, this is where the update feature pulls is files from. So now I have the absolute latest version of x264.exe and it's running fine.

Thanks once again!

15. odin24

odin24 Regular member

THANKS-A-MILLION RYU!!!

Using Ryu's MeGUI Blu-Ray profile I just created a FLAWLESS AVCHD DVD9 with 2 audio streams (DTS, AC3) and subs (srt). Not only that fast forward, rewind, and chapter seek works perfect. I used tsMuxeR and Nero Burning ROM as well.

I can't wait for your guide... sorry to put you on the spot.

16. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Ryu,
    I'm trying to load the plugin "NicAudio.dll", when I save the script or try to load it I get an error; "Cannot load NicAudio.dll". The directory is correct and in the plugins folder.

Not sure what to do???

17. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

I'm about to update to a quad core because i have a.

Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz,3.07GHz
    1.49 GB RAM

Is there anyway i can speed up my encoding speed? My final video size from Megui(Yes Ryu i have just about learn how to work it) 6.6 GB but it took my PC 24hrs just to do a 1GB.

18. odin24

odin24 Regular member

I have a quad core 2.4GHz each, 3.3GB of RAM. A typical recode takes about 1.5 hours, on the other hand using Ryu's Blu-Ray profile it takes me about 7 hours... you it would take about 2 days. When you get your quad core I definetly suggest using his profile as the result are immaculate, just run it before you go to bed... or work.

19. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

Trust me im looking forward to it because my PC is slow as hell....Also question.

When i load my raw x264 video only file(after demux)into Megui for some reason it crash.How can i fix this?

20. odin24

odin24 Regular member

You should load it in the mkv format... do not demux it first, just load in MeGUI.