1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The complete HD (Blu-ray/HD-DVD) back-up thread.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Ryu77, Mar 14, 2008.

1. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

Odin24 or Ryu77

Okay my new Quad core PC will arrive this week but theres one catch its coming with Vista.Is Megui,AVIsynth,RipBot264,& tsMuxeR etc are these programs compatible to run on Vista if so what will change if i do run these programs on Vista? Thxs for all your help.

2. odin24

odin24 Regular member

I'm running a quad core on Vista (32 bit), all run fine. Not sure about ripbot though, never used it.

Just curious, what kinda PC is it. I have a Gateway and I had to update my bios because of unexpected crash/reboots without warning... thought I bought a pile of crap until the Gateway rep said to update. If it is PM me and I'l hook you up with the link.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  3. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

My Friend in TX has built me a PC it should arrive here tomorrow i just tracked it today here what it coming with.

AMD Phenom X4 Processor 2.4 GHz (Like you told me you run on yours)
    4GB RAM
    500GB HD Western Digital
    BD/HD-DVD ROM Drive

I used my other friend PC that has Vista on it & I tried to install Megui but for some reason it would not update when your Installing.

I wonder if im going to have any problems installing AVIsynth also.

4. Faza_EL

Faza_EL Member

Your problem is right there the red line. This is Ryu77 location. You have to edit yours. When you load Ryu77 profile next to it you see a button configure. Hit that and change the directory to your own(make a new folder if you dont have it). It worked for me.

Ryu77 and odin24!!!
    I have been reading your posts for the whole day today lol. You guys are awesome.

I am trying to create a fully functional blu-ray disc out of a 1080p .mkv file. To play on ps3 and other players.
    So far I demux the video file and now waiting for MeGUI to finish.
    Hopefully I will succeed.
    I have a question just to make sure regarding AviSynth 2.5.
    I typed in something like this
    Code:
    # Created by AVSEdit
    # User 5/22/2008
    DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\test\tgc1080p_x264.mkv")
    AddBorders(0,140,0,140)
    LanczosResize(1920,1080)

Is this OK?

Also in MeGUI the bitrate calculator not sure if I did everything right there. What I did is just select the type of audio I have in my care AC3 with 640bps then I selected my output file DVD9 which showed me a size of 7.4gb. Then I just hit apply.
    If this right? or could I have done some more to make the quality better?

Thanks.

5. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Your script looks OK if your source movie is 1920x800 (800+140+140=1080). BTW, MeGUI has a script creator.

When using the bitrate calculator to figure out file size you have to take into consideration everything in the final product; video, audio, subs, and the all important (mostly omitted) Blu-Ray structure header... which is approx. 7% (570mb) of a DVD's max capacity, 8152mb.

When using the calculator do a manual calculation first;

8152mb (DVD9 capacity) - 570mb(Blu-Ray (mt2s) header) - ###mb (audio) = final video size. I always specify in GB and just round down the mb's just to be safe, e.g. if I calculated I need 6782mb for the vdeo I would use 6.7GB

Also, you are just encoding the video, you'll need to remux everything back together when the MeGUI encode is done using tsMuxeR.

6. Faza_EL

Faza_EL Member

OK I screwed up. My image is 8.3GB when I put it into nero it jumps to 8.9GB lol. Need help with the bitrate calculator. Oh and hes my image is 1920-800.
    ok movie is 1:53:17 long
    framerate: 23.976
    # of frames: 162983
    B-Frames is checked

Audio 1 tab:
    bitrate: 640
    size: 51836mb
    type: ac3

codec: x264
    container: mkv
    total size: 1 dvd9 (8138mb)

results:
    average bitrate 9398
    video file size 7.4gb

What do I change?

Also can I burn this using ImgBurn with UDF set to 2.5? or does is has to be nero?

thanx

7. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Make your h264 file 7.0GB. This way you should have enough room for everything.

7000mb(h264 video) + 520 mb(AC3 audio) + 570mb(Blu-Ray header) = 8090mb. Use tsMuxeR to put everything back together in either m2ts or Blu-Ray. I have never used ImgBurn so I'm not sure about burning with that program, I have always used Nero... you can try though.

8. Faza_EL

Faza_EL Member

One more question.
    When I Enqueue my job in megui I get a warning message.
    "Your AviSynth clip has the following problem:
    AviSynth clip doesn't have mod 16 dimensions:
    width: 1920
    height: 1080
    This could cause problems with some encoders, and also result in a loss of compressibility.
    I suggest you resize to a mod 16 resolution.
    continue anyway?"

I click yes so it does the job. Is this serious? or do I just continue?

9. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Just continue, the output will be fine.

10. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

Thxs Odin24 & Ryu77 I just did my first AVVHD dvd-9.I used the Blu-Ray profile in Megui but for some reason i can't get Ryu profile into my video profile in Megui i keep getting a error.I think its this damm Vista i got.

11. odin24

odin24 Regular member

I'm running his profile just fine on Vista. Are you able to select Ryu's profile in MeGUI or is your problem before that?

12. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

For some reason my PC doesn't read his profile as a XML Document his profile just shows up a file with a blank page.Do i need to rename the file or what do i do to get my PC to see his file?

Also om my AVCHD for some reason my aspect ratio came out 16:9 & not 2:40.1 is this normal or did i do something wrong in Megui?

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  13. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Not sure what's going on with the profile, maybe Ryu can help. As for the 2.40:1 issue, when you recoded did you use the AddBorders() command?

14. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

You need to make sure that in your MeGUI installation directory there is a folder named "Profiles", inside that folder create another named "Video", then place my XML profile file inside there. After you have done that you should be able to select it in MeGUI in the Video Encoding section of the interface.

With your aspect ratio it sounds like something went wrong with the resizing. If your resolution isn't 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080, you will need to use the AddBorders command in AVIsynth.

15. fubarok

fubarok Member

Hi all

can I say great thread

first post so pls don't kick a geek when hes down ;)

I am using anydvd to pull my BD to hard drive ,
    then exctracting the main movie .m2ts file using tsmuxer 1.8.4(b)
    then I have a single m2ts file with 1 video stream and 1 audio and one PGS stream to play on my network media tank .
    problem is the NMT player doesn't see the embedded subtitiles .

I can pull the subs using tsmuxer to a .sup file .

question is can any body walk me through converting this sup file to a srt file .

I just can't seem to find the right tools or how to use them with BD sup files ??

any help greatly recieved thanks:D

16. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

The reason is that a M2TS media file on it's own does not carry the information needed to display switchable subitles. It carries the actual subtitle stream but not the information needed to display it. This information is stored in seperate information files inside the Blu-ray disc directory.

So to get this to work, you are left with two options...

1) Create a Blu-ray disc.

2) Use software like SUPread to convert the subtitle to SubRip (srt) format and then use an alternate media container like Matroska (mkv).

17. fubarok

fubarok Member

man that was quick ....

many thanks for that .

I have had a look at subrip ,
    it doest read the .sup file so do I need to point it at the m2ts file ?

as all info I have found on this seems to point to vobs ?
    I assume m2ts files are call hard coded files ??

many thanks
    :D

18. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

I mentioned using SUPread, not SubRip. I did say that srt is a SubRip format though. :)

Try this: http://pel.hu/down/SUPread.exe

You will also need this: http://pel.hu/down/abc.png

19. fubarok

fubarok Member

lol

That is the problem of working while posting , and also afterdawn putting links under any name it recognises ;)
    odd that it doesn't see Supread??

I will give it a go tonight ,

is that you in the picture ?

thanks again

20. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Which picture?

EDIT: Hahahaha!! I just realised what you mean. That link for the abc.png is meant to be an image file that SUPread uses as reference for converting the subtitle, not some random dude! It looks like someone is playing funny games with the link.

I just uploaded the REAL abc.png for you myself. Try this one instead: http://www.mediafire.com/?dc2tt2xjowm

Last edited: May 27, 2008