1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The complete HD (Blu-ray/HD-DVD) back-up thread.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Ryu77, Mar 14, 2008.

1. fubarok

fubarok Member

2. fubarok

fubarok Member

you posted it in your reply ?
    I was a bit confused :)

3. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Yes, it's hilarious! Did you see that I edited my previous post with a link to the real abc.png?

4. fubarok

fubarok Member

I am getting an 'Invalid Quickkey. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.'

any chance you could mail it to me at fubarok@gmail.com

cheers
    Martin

5. Faza_EL

Faza_EL Member

I just created a successful blu-ray disc of the golden compass YEY.
    Thanks guys.

I have to say tho I can see the quality loss tho.
    I have a 46" tv conected to PC via HDMI and PS3 via HDMI and I was looking at both and the original file from PC looks much sharper. You can see the real difference when you look at the edge of hair on people faces.

I will try another movie which is less then 7gb so I do not have to lower the bitrate. Maybe that was the problem.

6. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

Thxs....Ryu77 & Odin24 i got both issues fixed.Question:What are the advantages using DVD-9 compared to DVD-5 i know audio is one but what about PQ if you use lets say 6GB on PQ does that mean that its going to be better than someone using 3GB on PQ? Thxs.I ask because me using DVD-9 might be a overkill.I have one BD with Master audio & that file was 3.70GB.

7. fubarok

fubarok Member

Hi Dude

can I ask why I need the abc.png ?
    I managed to down loaded fro the http://pel.hu/down/abc.png as it seemed to be a list of text and numeric characters for a while .

Anyway not really know what the abc.png does or where to put it ,
    I put it at the same level as Supread.exe loaded the sup file and save as a srt .
    the in the network media tank put the srt with the same name and same level as the m2ts file and hey resto worked a treat ,
    not only that figured out that forced subtitles has its own PGS stream in the m2ts file ,
    so once you find that out by playing the dvd in nero 8 the subtitle list corresponds to the list in tsremuxer i.e PGS stream0 is the first in the list in nero PGS 1 is second etc etc.
    just demux the correct stream SUPread it to srt and away you go

sorted

many thanks

8. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Using a higher capacity DVD would only allow for more room to encode the video at a higher bitrate (improving video quality). Unless you are referring to keeping the HD audio but that would take up too much space on a regular DVD disc. If you are working with an original Blu-ray disc, it would be best to extract the DTS core from the DTS HD track. I would suggest using EAC3to along with EAC3toGUI (or EAC3to and More GUI) to extract the core from the Master Audio track.

You say you have a Blu-ray disc with Master Audio and it was 3.70GB. Is that only the audio track you are referring to? If that is the case and you would like to allow for more room to be allocated to the video stream, then as I just mentioned you could extract the core from the Master Audio stream.

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  9. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

I'm happy to hear that you worked it all out.

You need the abc.png to convert srt subtitles to the PGS (Presentation Graphics Stream) format used on Blu-ray discs. This is needed if your source file contains a text based subtitle like Matroska (.mkv) does and you want to create a Blu-ray disc from it.

10. fubarok

fubarok Member

Many Many thanks for your help there.

you saved me loads of time, trying way harder and more complex routes .

I must also read some of my post before I press the send button LOL :)

my touch typing is not very good ...as can be seen !!

thanks again.
    Martin

11. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

Okay thxs thats what i wanted to know..Also i have used EAC3 & EAC3toGUI to get DTS core but i was testing out DTS-Mater audio.

Yes the DTS-Master audio was 3.70GB....I didn't really care for the video stream because it was a MPEG-2 codec(Predator-BD).

12. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

That's fine. However, you could always re-encode the MPEG2 video stream to h264 if you desired. If you are converting an original Blu-ray disc, then it will be around the 20GB+ mark for the video stream. If your target is a DVD-9, then you will need to allocate about 6.5GB to the video so quite a lot of compression will be required. h264 would be the best choice of codec to mimimise quality loss.

13. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Has anybody come across this issue. The last few AVCHD discs I have made take a relatively long time to make the transition to the second layer on a DVD9, roughly 5 seconds or so.

14. murph99

murph99 Member

I need some help. Has anyone received the following error message when they tried to use megui? When I try to load the file I receive this error message. Did I install something incorrectly?

AVISYNCH Script error:

DirectShow Source: Render file, the filter graph manager won't talk to me.

15. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

It sounds like you haven't got the right direct show filters installed. AVIsynth is trying to frameserve your Matroska (mkv) file via drawing on direct show codecs to decode the video stream and then passing it onto MeGUI for re-encoding.

I would suggest installing FFDshow & Haali media splitter.

16. murph99

murph99 Member

I already installed FFDshow and it still is giving me the same message. Let me try the Haali media splitter and see if that works. I'll report back once I've tried it. Thanks.

17. murph99

murph99 Member

Thank you. That did the trick. :)

18. murph99

murph99 Member

Hi, I have a new problem with MeGui. When I highlighted job 1 and hit start the status changed to error. Here are the details. can someone please help?

Log for job job1

Job commandline: "C:\Program Files\megui\tools\x264\x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 8438 --stats "D:\Applications\Multimedia applications\MeGUI\x264 log file" --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --direct auto --subme 1 --partitions none --qpmin 5 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 38000 --qcomp 0.5 --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --sar 1:1 --progress --no-ssim --output NUL "C:\Documents and Settings\Bill.BILL-215FA7CCB2\My Documents\Star.Wars.Episodes.Complete.1080p.HDTV.x264-hV\Star.Wars.Episode.V.The.Empire.Strikes.Back.1980.1080p.HDTV.x264-hV\Empire 1080p.avs" --mvrange 511 --aud --nal-hrd --sar 1:1
    avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 25.00 fps (183160 frames)
    x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1
    x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2 SSE3 Cache64
    x264 [error]: ratecontrol_init: can't open stats file
    x264 [error]: x264_encoder_open failed

------------------------------------------------------

End of log for job1
    ------------------------------------------------------

Also, here is the video config setup. Does anything look wrong with it?

--pass 2 --bitrate 8438 --stats "D:\Applications\Multimedia applications\MeGUI\x264 log file" --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ref 4 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --qpmin 5 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 38000 --qcomp 0.5 --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-ssim --output

19. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

That is the directory that I use for MeGUI. You will need to go into the configuration and change the location of the log file to where yours is.

20. murph99

murph99 Member

Where do I change the config? Is that under the settings tab? The reason I ask is under the settings tab the location looks correct under my c drive folder.