1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Departed: tried everything/program

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by pstamer, Feb 14, 2007.

1. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Hello all. I'm having problems backing up The Departed on dvd. It rips and encodes just fine, but when it comes time to burn, I keep getting "write error" and it says that it's possibly bad media. Normally I use anydvd/clonedvd 2 and have no problems. But Lately, I get that message and I eject the disc and insert same disc again and it works fine. Well, not with The Departed. I've also tried ripit4me and ripping went fine, analysis fine, shrink fine, burn not fine. I use Taiyo Yuden media from Japan and burn @ 4x. I have a LG Super Multi burner model: GSA-2166D and has the most current firmware update: v1.01. Thanx in advance. You guys are the best.

2. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

well mine worked fine with DVDShrink/AnyDVD and wasnt anything special...try that if not i'm sure new updated Ripit4me works.......dont forget to update anydvd/ripit4me.....well good luck

3. pstamer

pstamer Guest

I appreciate the swift reply. All of my progs are updated. I'm trying "How to Eat Fried Worms" and it took me a few tries but It worked; even after getting the "media write error". I'm not sure what to do with "The Departed" though. I'll try anydvd and shrink to see what happens. I've already tried ripit4me and got the same problem. Thanx for your help.

4. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Well, I just tried to burn "The Departed" using anydvd 6114 and dvd shrink and had no success. I still got the "write error" message. Can anybody help please?

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi pstamer
    Have Nero? I'm guessing since you used Shrink - it used Nero's burn engine. So you'll have a log.
    Look here for it:
    Nero 6 - program files>ahead>nero>nerohistory
    Nero 7 - program files>nero>nero 7>core>nerohistory.

Just need the last one and edit out the serial # - begins w/ 1A, 1C or 5C.

6. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

I backed up "The Departed" with ease using AnyDVD ver. 6.1.1.4, and CloneDVD 2 ver. 2.9.0.3, pstamer What "type" Taiyo Yuden Media are you using? DVD+R or DVD-R? What speed rating? General Rule is: Burn at 1/2 the media's rated speed for YOUR burner or, 4x, whichever applies. Also, CloneDVD 2 has a setting for write speed that the default for is Maximum. Change this to the appropriate speed setting."The Departed" has no "heavy" encryptions on it, However, it IS a big & long movie. 2 1/2 hours. Lot's of compression there. I would suggest back up just the movie, not the entire disc. Even then, it'll be about 35% compressed.
    MY solution: AnyDVD + CloneDVD 2, main movie only.

7. SCAMPER

SCAMPER Member

Backed-up Departed with AnyDVD 6.1.2.3 and DvdClone2. Used TDK+R and Plextor 760, no problem at all. Speed used was 8X.

8. SCAMPER

SCAMPER Member

Added note: Blank rated at 16X and backed up movie only.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Actually AnyDVD and shrink worked just fine for The Departed. Nothing special on this disc. I have the same external burner but I use the internal. The 2166D is a great ripper drive. I use my BenQs for burning.

10. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Thanx for all the advice guys I'm using TY premium silver and burning at 4x. I always make sure that the speed is adjusted. Now I will try your tip Bunnyrip. I'll try just the movie only. I really appreciate all the help guys and gals. You guys Rock. Laters

11. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Sorry bunnyrip, I forgot to tell you that the media is dvd-r thanx for all.

12. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Hello all. I just wanna thank you bunnyrip for your tips. I used anydvd and clonedvd 2 and just copied the movie without the menus. I must say it worked like a charm. I really appreciate everything you guys have done for me. You guys are the best. Laters

13. philly37

philly37 Regular member

I used Dvd Fab decryp., Shrink then img burn and didnt have a problem. Burned with menus with those 3 free programs. My dvd burner is a Plextor 760

14. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Hey guys. I'm thinkin my problem might be either my media or my burner. I'll let you know what I find out. Laters

15. philly37

philly37 Regular member

Hey pstamer im not sure if it applies but i had problems burng dvd for a little bit i kept getting errors. I have 2 burners a plextor 760 and a pioneer 111. i would try to burn with the plex and kept getting an error then after a day or 2 i tried to burn with my pioneer and it worked. I couldnt burn with my plext 760 and the problems was a program from roxio(drag to burn i believe) some how had a lock on that drive i uninstalled it and havent had a problem since

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@philly37

If you had just had Roxio drag todisc just not start at startup, then you should be ok. The bad program is Nero's InCD. I've had Roxio's software and Nero w/o InCD installed for years. No conflicks.

17. philly37

philly37 Regular member

i took it out all together i didnt need it anyway

18. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Thanx philly37. I'll definetely try that. Maybe some of my progs are interfering with that. I had the same prob with Flushed Away. So, I decided to use dvdfab platinum and it worked. The only prob was when the disk was finalizing it froze at 70%. I closed out the prog and unplugged my burner and plugged it back in. To my surprise, it actually worked. Anybody know why this is. I've had that same thing happen with nve3. Thanx in advance everyone. You all rock.

19. SCAMPER

SCAMPER Member

Pstamer, when I have had problems like that, I run my three spyware programs, and they usually clear up. It seems you have eliminated programs that interfere, perhaps intruders might be affecting your backups.