1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the differences between some features

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by showan, Oct 18, 2004.

1. showan

showan Regular member

Hey everyone.

I was thinking about either buying the Xenium Ice modchip or the Xecutor 3. I went on some websites to find out what each one offers and I got nothing but a headache. Reading the features for these things was like reading arabic or chinese. I was wondering if there was anyone who can explain the main advantages to each of these chips. One of the main things is that I would like to know if with both of these chips can I turn them off/on in order to play LIVE.

Another question... When you buy a modchip will it ever become outdated? Like, if I bought mine tomorrow....will the newer games coming out this year and next year still work with these modchips? or are they rendered useless after a while?

2. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

Being the latest generation of modchips, both have Xbox Live compatibility.

A modchip theoretically cannot get outdated or useless over time because you can replace the bios on it with an updated one if new games with new protection hit the shelves. This was an issue in older chips which had only one bios and were unflashable.