1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dynamics of Original Games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xNoFearx, Sep 4, 2004.

1. xNoFearx

xNoFearx Member

So... I understand that game manufacturers have forms of protection that don't allow you to play backups of games that you own, but what are the specifics of how these protections work? Why have they not been broken yet? I mean, getting a mod chip really seems a last resort for me. I want to be able to use my XBox for Live, but I still want the opportunity to play backups that I may have. I realize that everybody's first thought is "piracy", but this is not the case with everybody. My mentality is that the "master" should always be kept in pristine state (it's one of those thought processes that you develop when you work for a media replication company).

Are there advances in the area of playing current-generation games without the use of mod chips? What options does a owner have in protecting his or her original property by using backup?

2. TwiztedX

TwiztedX Guest

there are 2 ways to play backups, option a. is called "soft-modding" its done by using an audio exploit (not the best of ways but it works) the second is installing a chip, which is legal according to techtv's screen savers. (chipping it is legal, installing certain software is whats illegal) the chip is the best way to do it, if you want to play your games on live, then just use the originals. the chips can be turned off via external switch, so you can play your originals online.