1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the exercise thread.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by darthnip, Jul 14, 2006.

1. rav009

rav009 Active member

I've been using creatine for a while now, its good.

Good to hear, but don't do it everyday that's not good for you. Mon, wed & fri are ideal for weight sessions and on the off days you can do cardio or anything else you want to.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ Go there for any info you might need.

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Im gonna start going up. THeres a very nice gym up the road...well, about 15 minutes bike away..so ill either get a bus, or run, or get a lift.

3. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Wii Sports is actually a good way to lose weight. In 2 weeks i lost 10 pounds.

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Ramadan is over so I started working out again. Right now I'm running a mile a day and benching. I put on enough weight so I can only bench press 5 times and I take 1 min breaks between every 5 reps.

Did it yesterday after about a month and my arms are kinda sore right now lol.

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

abuzar1, don't bench press everday

3 times a week or twice a week is plenty plus you need to do more than 5 reps. start with a light enough weight so you can do between 12 to 15 reps then add more weight for the second set and keep the reps between 10 and 12 ,the third set do the same then on the fourth and fifth set keep it between 8 to 10 reps(adding weight)you only need to max out once a month or so all thats for is ego anyway

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yeah usually I do 4 or 3 times a week. So I shouldn't do five reps? I just want to get bigger muscles the fastest lol. I don't really care about how much I can lift.

I'll try lowering the weight like 10 pounds, and see what happens.

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah you need to go more than 5 reps. the more reps the more muscle you build. and def. don't bench more than 3 times a week. and max out maybe once every couple weeks or once a month doing 1 to 3 reps

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2007
  8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I really need to figure out a way to put together some sort of exercise plan for myself. I've got a lot of problems from a spinal cord injury many years ago so I have to watch what I do but in a way, that'e even more reason to get on some sort of exercise plan. It's important because if I were to strengthen the muscles around the discs and/or the fusions then then they would do a lot of the work instead of putting the strain on the fusions themselves. Its hard to believe that I was a jock so many years ago; now I just never can seem to find the energy. There are a lot of things I can't do because they're dangerous for me but I should have my doctor send me to physical therapy for a while where they can show me what is o.k. and what can damage me further. I actually walk six to ten miles a day which actually does my legs and lower back a lot of good but I get no exercise from the chest up which, for me, is the most important.

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

gerry start with some very light weights and work your way up

10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Since you are in such a delicate situation I really would go to a physical therapist and have them work out an exercise plan. Better safe than sorry.

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@aabbccdd & abuzar ... abuzar is right, I should have my doctor send me to physical therapy so I can learn what is and is not safe. I already know that I have to stay lower than the level of my shoulders. My right arm is fine but while I have full use and mobility of my left arm, it cannot bear weight; if I so much a carry a light bag of groceries for a few minutes, a few minutes after I put it down, my arm with start to jump around like a fish out of water and I can't stop it ... it doesn't hurt but its embarrasssing as hell LOL! I could start with some aerobic stuff like an exercise bike which I know isn't dangerous but the chest and up is where I need the most work so I'll ask the pros first.

I still do one VERY SILLY looking exercise though and I'm sure you'd get a hell of a laugh from it. I hold a beach ball against the wall; you bury your head into the beach ball and with a little amount of pressure, you turn you head to the right, left, up and down. Looks sillier than you can imagine LOL! It actually works pretty well though at keeping the muscles stronger and it helps a lot with my "range of motion" which is pretty limited because of all the fusions

It really is something I must do because it would make my neck hurt less and would help with fatigue as well; I am tierd a lot. My doctors have been after me to do it for a long time now. It's really just a matter of some self-discipline. When I use to teach piano, I would tell my students to start practicing but only ten minutes a day but no more. Ten minutes is easy to do every day but practicing for an hour, burning out on it and then not practicing for a week is not the way to do things. Regarding this, I think it might do me good to follow my own advice. Just a few minutes a day to establish a steady schedule and it doesn't require any great committment initially.

12. ZeroHour

ZeroHour Guest

hey guys my football season is coming to an end and i wanna start working out im in the delayed entry program for the marines and want to lose as much weight as possible and gain as much muscle as possible.... i have a gym membership and plan on going but are there any good supplements to take to lose lots of weight and gain lots of muscle??