1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fastest processor

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by IIRR, Jul 28, 2005.

1. pulsar

pulsar Active member

@ TiagroZT, are you going to dignify me with a response?

Pulsar

Last edited: Jul 31, 2005
  2. TigraoZT

TigraoZT Guest

Quote:
    TiagroZT, are you going to dignify me with a response?

Since when you can get a AMD 3500 or dual core for under $200?
    i dont get your point why are making that a big deal, you said if he want for game he'll be ok with 2.5gigs processor, and i say that AMD is better in any aspect, beaten pentium in any comparition, when pentium is better the difference is so small that makes AMD win big on the overal.
    I respect what you think, but i get to express what i think so we can help each other Buddy!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2005
  3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Here is a site with the same 3500 for less than £200,

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Socket_939_cpus.html

Granted, dual cores are more expensive, but I did say it depended on your budget.

I don't like it when someone says "I dont think you get it", when I ever so clearly do.
    I also said AMD are superior.
    At Afterdawn, we simply do not talk to members like that. I inferred a lack of respect. Rightly or wrongly!

Not wishing to cause hard feelings, I would rather make friends than enemies any day!

Pulsar

PS I have edited my previous post.

4. TigraoZT

TigraoZT Guest

Quote:

At Afterdawn, we simply do not talk to members like that. I inferred a lack of respect. Rightly or wrongly!

what make you think you are superior than anyone here?
    And when i said "i dont think you get it", was to clear up when you said "depend on your budget" what for me dont make any sense when he specifically said "under $200".
    I dont mean to disrespect you, but i respect anyone as equal not because you are a member or whatever, if you are a senior member is because you earned for helping others it doesnt mean you are better.
    But if wanna go. i take you down!!! :p just come play Battlefield2 against me and we resolve that, lol. By the way is the best game of the year in my opnion.

5. TigraoZT

TigraoZT Guest

i went to that site you linked...and what a prices!!!! price under $200 for a AMD 3700 with 1mb L2 cache. that could be a good option!!!!

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

When the hell did I imply that I was superior?

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Maybe on a GSX-R750!

8. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

Now, Now...you boys play nice. Kiss and make up!

9. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

man i hate it when people argue shame we all cant get along this used to be a nice thread

10. Molks

Molks Member

nuff respek, ppl.
    I have lived in a small secluded room on a linux box doing my work for like the last year, and I have no idea about this battlefield game except that it was supposed to be good. How good, and just to tie it into the thread - are there benchmarks for it anyplace?

11. Molks

Molks Member

nuff respek, ppl.
    I have lived in a small secluded room on a linux box doing my work for like the last year, and I have no idea about this battlefield game except that it was supposed to be good. How good, and just to tie it into the thread - are there benchmarks for it anyplace?

12. pippa

pippa Guest

Pulsar started this whole argument when he said IIRR has an attitude. Now lets all let it go and focus on how great BF2 is.

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Steady away Pippa, you could upset someone by saying stuff like that.

Nice one ddp!

Pulsar

15. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you welcome pulsar!!

16. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

ok i take back what i said likes Pulsar im with you on this one, two threads was pushing the boat but 3 this is taking the complete piss.

17. Molks

Molks Member

I think he has a fascination for intel and was waiting for his knight in shining armour to come to his aid and say yes intel is great. Well they should be with that kind of market share, shoulddnt they?

18. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

if your right then thats pathetic i must say, well dont ask if you cant handle the answer eh

19. pippa

pippa Guest

ok, my apologies pulsar. so lets talk about processors. i was thinking of getting an AMD 64 but it is pretty much wasted resources since you cant get a 64 bit OS yet (unless its crappy beta)to run it on. I am all for AMD over intel, it just seems silly that AMD would bring out a processor that cant be utilized for another long while. I guess the fact that its cheaper than intel and in future will be the norm, but at the moment, in todays world, the intel P4 can do just as good a job. whadda YA RECKON?

20. skidme

skidme Guest

Well the AMD Athlon 64 is cheaper,cooler, awesomer. Like you said, 64 bit Windows is still a light year away(I know that that's distance not time:) However the Athlon 64 series run 32 bit Windows just fine, and when 64 bit comes out, you won't have to run out and buy a 64 bit compatible CPU. All you gots to do is to upgrade Windows