1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The files I copy are in the same format as on original.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Timmay, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Timmay

Timmay Guest

I have a copy of the 8 Mile video. It is on a DVD-R. The files on the original are in a VIDEO_TS folder. The usual files I get when I rip a movie bought from the store. The problem is that when I read the copy of * Mile. What I'm trying to burn is a one single file named * Mile. Iso. The single file is as large as the VIDEO_TS folder on the original I am trying to burn. I don't know how all the files get put into one when I read the disk. Thanks for the info.

2. crowds

crowds Member

Not very clear timmay, sorry.
    an .iso file is an image file and cant be burnt to a new disk in the ordinary way.
    What are you using to make the .iso file?

3. crowds

crowds Member

ill elaborate...
    An iso file or an "image" file is like a snapshot of the items your wanting to copy. so it appears as one file. If you then want to put that image onto a disc then you need to burn it in a differnt way than you would usually. For instance in nero if you look at the file menue there is an option to "burn image"
    This decompiles the iso (image) into the origanal files that made it and burns it to your disk. So when you look at you disk you will see the VIDEO_TS folder again. There should also be an AUDIO_TS folder on the disk even tho it doesnt contain any files.
    Crowds

4. Timmay

Timmay Guest

Thanks, I figured it out . I was ripping in Iso mode. I just ripped it in File mode and it worked.