1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The folder path 'Program Files' contains an invalid character"?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Dacian, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Dacian

Dacian Member

Ok so I've Googled the heck outta this and can't seem to find an answer aside from "You have to format your HDD" and that's not really an option ATM so I am hoping on here will have an answer. I am trying to install Motorola Drivers so I can root my Cliq and when running the msi I get the error "The folder path 'Program Files' contains an invalid character", I figured it was a Vista problem so I upgraded and still getting the error. Does anyone know a fix or why it's doing this? I have a theory it's because my Drive letter is X instead of C, if that's the case is there any way to be able to switch the Drive letter as well as switch all my extensions to recognize the new path? (ie X:\Program Files\Motorola becomes C:\Program Files\Motorola)

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

3. Dacian

Dacian Member

Through Drive Management it won't automatically change all my paths to the new drive, right? And B. Windows 7 won't let me change the drive letter to C: for some reason.

Hope someone knows a fix for the error though, would make things a lot easier if there was some exe editing that could fix it.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010