1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The food Thread

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Prisoner, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

With the milka thread closed, I miss hearing about food ideas. I would like to see odd food sugestions and possible recipies. Yes I am a guy and yes I love to cook and bake. Also explainations of food things hear should be good.
    Spam is the shoulder meat of the pig. Thus SPAM instead of Ham. Ham is the back leg and buttocks. Any Hog questions I will try to answer, I worked as quality control person in Maple leaf Pork slaughter house for four months. I could tell you losts of things you don't want to know.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - I was gonna start one myself. You know what one of my favourite food is. Take a 14oz, not to thick, steak. Cook it Medium so there is a bit of pink left. Add a nice pepper corn sauce to it and some Baby potatoes and top of with some Baby corn. Hmmm.......

3. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

I have a thing for tuna steaks marinated in a garlic sauce for about 3 hours and grilled just until theres only a little pink showing. Then a quick squirt of a lemon to top it off.

Really, and here I thought Spam was made from all the 'undesirables' of the pig. Who knew it was something as simple as the shoulder.
    Speaking of spam, the only reason why Im not such a fan is because it tastes a little too salty for me...

4. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

I like cheese. And things made with cheese, like cheesecake, veggies with cheese and this spinach artichoke dip that is made with cream cheese in it :)

5. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

I really like cheesecakes topped with strawberries covered in strawberry jam.

6. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

Yeah, I love cheesecake too, never really liked it with fruit toppings though, I'm all about the chocolate :D

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im a big fan of chicken Ceasor Salads, without the stupid hard square pieces of bread. Ugh. I like mine ike this:

- Loads of lettuce
    - Chargrilled chicken (cold)
    - Loads of Ceasor Sauce
    - Broken up crispy bacon
    - Finely gratted chease on top

I always love fish and chips. Cant be from Ireland and not love them.hhhmmmmmmm

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I like the soft almost foamy chease cake, and definintly with chocolate. A nice baileys chease cake is good.
    Recently with samon steak, I lightly fried with little amount of water (about a cup or 300mL for the Metric). Then mixed in cream of mushroom soap as a sauce with freshly choped onion and garlic. That was good served over unbleached brown rice with out casings.
    But with power outages I have been forced with canned tuna and cold soups. Oriphus that steak reply made my mouth water.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Mine too. In fact, i went out and bought one just after writing it :)

I think tonight ill have Steak, baby potatoes and some sweetcorn. The steak will be in a nice pepper sauce. Last night i was a bit gready. I had a 9 inch pizza (chicken, sweetcorn and peppers) and a fish supper (fish and fries)

10. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

I think Im going to have myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich later. Its simple yet delicious.

Sometimes the simplest things are the best. :)

11. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Peanut butter and jam is my lunch everyday. Have a sandwhich, yogurt and kiwi every day. That is the cheapest, most nutishious lunch combo for poor students.
    Now with power made spagetti with ground beef. Mixed crushed tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic in sauce with ground beef. Not bad.

If you want the waste products from hogs eat breakfast sausage. that has all the goodies in it. Also in blackout times broccli with sweetend condense milk wasn`t bad. Didn`t have carmel._X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a number
    I am a Free Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2003
  12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I eat loads of junk food in terms of potatoe crisps, you dudes call them chips i think, throughout the day. Dont forget to sign the RIAA petition at the top of this forum either :)

I also love drinking stella, thats sort of food related isnt it? ;-)

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Oriphus,
    You seem held back, of course beer is food. How many beer gut guys do you know? Beer is like a meal.
    Tonight sliced some Ontario peaches and mixed with honey. Nothing is better than Ontario peaches and honey.

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Is sex not better? I wouldve said so, but after sex, peaches and honey would be very nice, hmmm......

True about the beer. Im trying to cut down cuz its probably not doing me any favours in football. i'll have to try to cut down what i eat as well. I am pretty fit, but eat like a feckin horse man. I must have a tape worm or some thing lol ;-)

15. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Today was the first time I had a dinner that didnt have any meat products in it. It was a simple meal, steamed brocoli smothered with melted swiss and cheddar cheeses. I too had no caramel at the time :)

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Brocoli and chese is quite nice too. You should have included some pasta and sweetcorn though. If it was me, i wouldve addedd, bacon and chicken too :)

17. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

I would have too but I wanted to try eating a vegetables only dinner.

18. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Should have made as salad with multiple vegatables. Broccli and chease is very light. Should mix some spinach, carrots, pepper, broccli and beans. Need the beans for protein, and then add chease or cream sauce for dairy. Then full ballanced vegitarian meal or if going vegan use an oil soy based sauce. Taboli is good, similar depending on which of my middle eastern girlfriends makes it._X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a number
    I am a Free Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2003
  19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

ONe of my favourite measl is this also (Take out the chicken if you want veggie only)

Stir Fried Leeks, Celery, Red and green peppers, sweetcorn, scallions, onion all cooked in a chicken stock cube sauce. Hmmm......

20. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Both recipes sound good. Ill try them out, and im not really going vegan, I just wanted to try a meal without meat or fish or chicken.