1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Forgotten

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tim6, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Tim6

Tim6 Member

I have downloaded the latest version of DVD FAB Platinum .81 and I am still have touble trying to copy it . I didn't back it up on my hard drive yet maybe that will work. my computer is an hp Pentium 3 533mhz 512 meg of ram with Win 98 SE. I read somewhere that if you put the DVD Movie in your cd rom and reboot your computer and hold down the shift key that it would also work but it did not. maybe I am just doing something wrong. It also didn't work when I tried to just copy the movie itself

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Really that didn't work?? I want to know who told you that? I have to remember that one LMAO!!! I do believe they were pulling your leg, and if not what an idiot!

Do yourself a favor on this one and use the search at the top of the screen and type in "Forgotten" you will find all kinds of successfull methods for backing up that movie.. A little hint for ya "DVD Decrypter" ;-)

3. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

You have to make sure it's the LEFT shift key!!! The right one will disable your floppy disk drive and may even cause your garage door opener to open and close continuously. :)

Just kidding, of course. As bbmayo said, DVD Decrypter will handle this movie with no problem. You could also use my personal favorites, DVD Shrink with AnyDVD running in the background, then just burn with your favorite burner. It (AnyDVD)helps Shrink get around some new protections schemes.

Regards,

DF

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Now I am confused.. I thought it was the <PageUp> button that made the garage door open? I thought the right <Shift> key made the microwave tur on? Dang I'm never going to learn this stuff.. LMAO :)

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i was starting to warm to anydvd (anyone who's read my posts will notice i don't push it as it's an extra expense when other freebies can do the same - especially dvd decryptor on it's bob). I was installing the trial of whichever the latest version is at the time, then uninstalling. Yeah yeah i know some may frown upon the method behind the madness. Anyway now i can't use anydvd trial as all versions say 'trial expired'. damn gonna have to buy it i guess. BUT, latest dvd decryptor can do virtually everything so far so ill put purchase off a while longer